Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Memories in a cloud

"what do you see in clouds"

8
7 Comments 7
1.3k Views 1.3k
201 words 201 words


Richard lay down on the grass in the garden holding a chewed ball, looking up at the clouds.  Seeing the familiar shapes floating past.

He watched a Rocketship float passed, a shark swimming quickly, and then an image of his old dog.

Just for a moment, she was there.  It was as if she was still watching over him.  He missed her.  “She is suffering you have to let her go!” his mum had said, and Michel knew she was right.  The look she had given him.  Such sad eyes.  So much love and pain behind them.  She had been his protector, and now it was time to let her go.

It had been the hardest Summer, no more long walks, big soft cuddles before bed, or being woken by her jumping on him. She had been his best friend, now she was gone, and he was alone.

He heard the car door open.  His Mum was back from the shops. “Richie” she called, but he didn’t answer.  The door opened.  Michel closed his eyes; he wanted one more moment with his old dog.

The moment ended with a tongue lapping at his face as a puppy danced over him.

 

Published 
Written by rbo
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments