Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Run: Prologue: Mistyria- The Decision

"Missy makes the decision to become, not Raven, but Nymia, and finally escape the Kenzies..."

8
7 Comments 7
1.4k Views 1.4k
339 words 339 words
She lays in bed looking up at the ceiling. Her mind whirls with words said by her "amazing" boyfriend who she's so "perfect" with and the normal events of the day.

He was so abusive, verbally and at times physically or sexually. She really just wanted to leave, but what if she never found someone that wanted to be with her again? Of course, being in Psychology, she realizes that that thought is an effect of what he tells her, but her mind... her self thinks it is her fault.

Her "father" did not abuse her in any way other than verbally, but with her mother dead there were no safe moments unless her older sister came home- her baby brother being too young to understand. However, she thinks the legal term for what he did was molestation.

Her hair is naturally a dark raven's feathers black, straight down to the small of her back, her complexion that of a porcelain doll's and her eyes a light grey. Her name was Mistyria Avalaura Kenzie, but not for long. She thinks up a new name, as she lays there, a new look, a new life. She would leave the life of Mistyria Kenzie and enter the life of Nymia Strong- short red hair, blue eyes, and plain, "cheap", "frumpy" clothing. No more name brands or designer jeans. No more makeup and a travel-size hairbrush, very little toothpaste and a single toothbrush. She'd have to space her use. She only had so much cash to spare.

Of course, she'd also have that locket that had left such an... imprint. She wanted that gone as soon as possible. If she could get rid of the items that would remind her of Mistyria, then she could deal with the other reminders on her own time.

She starts to think about how she'll go about creating Nymia, and packing to begin her new life, but her brain blurs with sleep, and so she closes her eyes, solidifying her decision to run from the Kenzies. 

Published 
Written by Colors_of_the_Wind
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments