Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Dragon's Tail

"Clouds can tell so many stories..."

8
6 Comments 6
170 Views 170
293 words 293 words

Relegated to passenger status as my love prefers to take the wheel, I peer out my window and gaze upon the clouds. They always have some fascinating story to tell. Some days I see bunnies and bears frolicking about in the sky. But sometimes, the clouds tell a more ominous tale as my imagination takes over.

The Dragon’s Tail is an ongoing narrative that began years ago when I was a little girl, lying on the front lawn on a hot summer day. Having exhausted myself running through the sprinkler, I watched as the clouds started rolling in, bringing with them all the usual fluffy figures that tickled my fancy.

But that particular afternoon, a different vision took shape and filled the sky above. It was a mix of cumulus and stratus clouds stretched out to make the shape of a dragon. My fanciful thoughts created a scenario whereby I was a damsel in distress, needing the dragon to be slayed to ensure my survival.

But suddenly, the dragon’s head turned, and inquisitive eyes seemed to bore through my soul. I realized that I wasn’t in danger at all as the dragon invited me to ride upon his back and join him in defeating the true enemy and defending the kingdom.

Ever since that day, when I feel like I need a reminder that I am strong and don’t require rescuing, I’ve been able to find my dragon in the sky. Sometimes he appears in full form, but occasionally all I see is his tail, reminding me that I have things under control.

And there he is this morning, appearing unexpectedly but always welcome.

Perhaps sometimes, being in control means relinquishing it to the one you trust most.

Published 
Written by KatarinaTechgoddess
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments