Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Freshness of Life

1
1 Comment 1
384 Views 384
171 words 171 words

The Greengrocer washed his hands in cabbage juice every morning; It gave his skin that crisp yet supple flavour one looks for in a father figure. He had hoped this would improve his, frankly, dismal yam sales, but alas it only hastened his metamorphosis into "that woman."

You know the one.

Regardless, he clung to the hope of better days, neglecting his duty to open the store from 6 AM as advertised (which as we all know is the time of the day at which yam desirability reaches its peak), committing instead to his diurnal ritual of juice and blood (that is, if you consider cabbage juice blood, which I do not).

By the time the store opened, around a quarter past eight, the crowds of salivating, yam-starved businessmen had moved on, pulled from their tuber-derived reverie and thrust nose-first into their interminable corporate existence, fated to let another cursed, yam-less day pass them by, having resigned themselves to their roles as mindless, potassium-deficient cogs in society's wristwatch.

Here ends the lesson.

 

Published 
Written by LEMF
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments