Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Mystical Pool Part III

"Under the full moon, the old lion drank from the pool"

3
3 Comments 3
1.3k Views 1.3k
243 words 243 words
The Mystical Pool Part III

100 fires dotted the hills. As they rested before the gates. Kingdom of Jewels lay before them. The pious gave up offerings to the Gods. Others ate and drank the fruits from the hills, not caring for what lay ahead for them. On this night the banners of the Golden Lion and the Grey Wolf fluttered in the wind.

The Golden Lion paced through the camp, stopping to give a word here and there to the warriors about the coming battle. With out notice he was on a small path that ended at a deep pool in a mountainous outcrop. Dropping to one knee he drank deep. Then without notice the surface of the pool rolled. As he stepped back the image of Odin appeared. The Lion knew this was a sign, giving up a warrior prayer to Odin.

The pool rolled once more, but Odin was not there this time. But a beautiful princess with eyes the colour of jade. What was Odin foretelling the Golden Lion? As the Lion drank, the war clouds from the East kept on the move. City after city fell to the Horde from the steppes. With in the fore night their war ponies would be feeding on sweet grasses from the Kingdom of Jewels. War was about to consume the valley. As the Lion walked down the path, he saw this green eyed princess for the first time.

Part IV coming soon...
Published 
Written by fuzzy1954
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments