Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
No Forgivness

4
4 Comments 4
1.1k Views 1.1k
1.5k words 1.5k words
A typical Spring storm with the usual high winds, heavy rain, thunder and lightning were ravaging the city. A traveler's advisory was in effect and folks were encouraged to stay home and that suited Ian Vance just fine. There was no place he needed to be.

Earlier that week he had dropped off the tank, fenders and side panels of his Harley Electra Gide to the painter. The painter was a longtime friend that owed him big time and promised that he would have them ready by Saturday. It would only cost him the price of the paint, the labor and his expertise were a gift.

He checked on the pot of chili in the crock pot and it was almost ready, then as an after thought he placed a loaf of garlic bread in the oven. He headed to the front room and lit a fire and then glanced out the large picture window and saw that the rain was coming down very hard.

Based on the amount of water running down the curbs and climbing onto the tree lawns the sewers were not able to handle the amount of water they were receiving. The savage winds carried anything not properly secured down the street. Garbage cans, lawn furniture along with misc toys were seen sailing ahead of the storm front.

The lights flickered once and he wagered that the power lines were in jeopardy of coming down. Not a big concern to him as the house had come with a backup generator, but he still he dug out some candles and a flashlight.

As he returned to the kitchen and got ready to eat he saw the headlights of a car sweep across the living room windows.

"Probably just someone turning around in my driveway", he mused.

From the kitchen window he saw a newer Corvette pull up against the left side of the garage door and shut down, he couldn't figure who it was. Most of his friends knew not to stop by without calling first and none of them owned a "Vette".

A lone figure exited the sports car and headed to the side door with some difficulty due to the high winds and rain. He snapped on the outside light and opened the side door and there blinking in the harsh illumination of the side door light and onslaught of heavy rain was Margo Ashton, his ex girlfriend.

"Danger Will Robinson, danger," a voice in his mind said.

Ian ignored the warnings and stepped back to allow her to step onto the landing between the kitchen and basement. Even with her hair plastered against her head and face and her makeup washed off by the rain she was still more attractive than any other female he knew.

There was an awkward moment of silence as she stood there puddling water on the floor. What did she expect me to do? Take her in his arms in a gesture of comforting? Not going to happen.

"Look I was on my way to my parents when they closed down the interstate. The secondary roads are starting to flood and I was afraid of stalling out. I just need to make a phone call and then I'll leave," she stated pushing the strands of wet hair out of her face.

Ian left her for a minute and returned with a large bath towel and a cordless phone. Margo wiped her face and then punched the numbers on the handset.

"Shit, the lines must be down," she stated handing back the phone.

He placed it to his ear and heard only static, the storm must be worse than he thought.

"You didn't think to use your cell?" I asked.

"It got damaged," she responded simply.

"OK, she made her call. Now tell her to get in her fancy sports car and leave," another inner voice stated.

"You cold?" Ian asked when he noticed her shaking.

"I'm freezing," she responded.

"Come on," he stated and gestured for her to follow.

She was led to the master bathroom after a brief stop at the linen cabinet on the way to grab some additional bath towels.

"Take a hot shower and I'll find you something to wear."

"Thank you," she stated and tried to step in to hug him. He moved back and prevented it.

She looked sad as she grabbed a few towels and then stepped into the bathroom and closed the door. Presently, he heard the shower come on and went to find her something to wear.

"Wimp, weakling," he scolded himself.

He searched the box of old clothing that was to be donated and found a pair of cut off sweatpants and a hooded sweatshirt, these will have to do. The door to the bathroom was ajar so he placed the items on the closed toilet seat.

He could see her silhouette against the glass of the shower doors and thought lewdly about her magnificent body all warm and covered with suds. He quickly washed these thoughts from his mind and returned to the kitchen table.

Like picking at a scab at an old injury he forced himself to recall everything that occurred between them. He had met her when she was dating his buddy, Sonny. She was truly magnificent to behold and had a personality that was not unlike his own.

Now the "old school" rules prevented him from doing anything more than laughing and joking with her. She was dating a friend and was considered off limits. Sonny started seeing one of the girls he worked with on the sly, or so he thought.

Margo discovered his dirty little secret and confronted him. There was yelling and tears before she decided that enough was enough and told him to hit the road. Their little group was shy two people for the longest time until Margo reappeared.

Now it seemed, she was only interested in him. Everyone was pleased as they all had said what a great couple they made. Each one felt the growing passion whenever they were together, but guarded it. She had just been burned and was not ready to endure it again. Ian had broken up with his longtime girlfriend not too long ago and neither one wanted to be a rebound love affair.

The months passed and each day brought them closer. They went to a movie one evening followed by drinks and a local restaurant and the air was so thick with sexual tension that it could be cut with a knife. Sitting in the driveway of her parents house they kissed for the first time and each one felt the internal fireworks.

Everything changed after that. Now when they were accused of being a couple neither one denied it.

As Summer arrived the little group planned their annual road trip to Kings Island and everything was fine, then his buddy Chaz returned from working overseas and was invited to join the group.

On the trip down Margo and Chaz talked almost non stop. Both had been in college and held associate degrees and they chatted about their classes and professors. She would occasionally place her hand on Ian's leg as if to let him know that she was still interested, but Ian knew different.

Once in the park the two disappeared and were not seen again until the agreed upon lunch time. The way they looked at each other spoke volumes and Ian could not remember being so depressed and hurt.

Margo and Chaz became close. Her friends voiced their disapproval and it was ignored.Ian quit hanging around the group and started working the overnight shift so he had an excuse for his absence.

Phone messages went unanswered and were never returned. The few times he made appearances at their favorite watering hole were very brief and he always vanished when the couple appeared despite their requests that he stay. His explanations for his departure were ugly and filled with anger and hurt.

"I have no desire to watch you two rubbing each others crotches all evening," he spat at them.

One time Chaz stood up and balled his fists as if to defend his love from one of Ian's comments and Margo grabbed him by the hand and told him to sit down.

"It's not worth the risk," she told him

"What risk?" he scoffed.

"Did you know that he spent the last year teaching at his buddies karate school?"

"Big deal. He's not that good," Chaz responded in an effort to sound tough.

"Oh yes he is. I've seen him at the full contact tournments," she answered.

The others at the table all nodded in unison to her statement.

That was the last time Ian was seen in public.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments