Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Wish

"If only wishes do come true..."

10
10 Comments 10
1.4k Views 1.4k
299 words 299 words

She is walking by the beach and found a lamp, dusted it by rubbing the body thrice. When smoke comes out of it and appears a genie.

"Thank you for getting me out of there. Three wishes will be granted to you." The genie graciously said.

She looked at him and said, "You'll grant me wishes?"

"Indeed my lady. State them, and I'll oblige." Bowing his head.

"The wish is that to make me forget all about him." she painfully said.

"Granted, I'll save the two wishes where you can use them whenever you want." Sympathy in his eyes.

 

She doesn't remember ever to have met this man, but she's been crying whenever she sees this man with different women. The ache in her heart is unbearable. She died every time she sees him.

She calls on him again. "My heart aches every time I see this man. I am making my second wish. Make the ache go away."

"That's a hard one, but your wish is granted. You only have one last wish and use it wisely." The genie said as he turns his back on her, ache in his heart.

"The wish I'll never use." she prayed.

 

One morning as she's feeling sad walking along the beach. Having a thought of leaving but thinking of a thousand places to go where she might be happy and alive again. None came up that will make a happy place enough to go.

She calls on him again. "I am not happy anywhere I go. I want my last wish."

"What will be the wish that can make you happy?" He asked.

"I'll free you from the lamp; I'll replace you inside to grant someday wishes whoever will find me." She smiles and vanishes into smoke going inside the lamp.

 

Published 
Written by rune
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments