Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Confusion

"A man wishes he had a better memory"

7
4 Comments 4
171 Views 171
428 words 428 words
Top Story

Author's Notes

"I was sure I had published this little piece long ago, but since I cannot trace it, it might amuse ( or connect with) someone."

I went to the doctor’s recently, and after hearing my symptoms he diagnosed that I had Age Activate Attention Deficit Disorder. These were my symptoms:

 

I need to wash my car. As I head towards the garage, I notice the mail on the hall table. I decide to go through it before washing the car. I put my car keys down on the table, and put junk mail in the bin. I notice the bin is full so I put the bills on the table to take out the bin. 

Then I think that since taking out the bin will take me near the postbox, I may as well pay my bills first.  I take my cheque book off the table and notice there is only one cheque left. So, I go to my desk in my study where I find a bottle of coke I had been drinking. I’m about to get my cheques when I notice the coke is warm, so I decide to put it in the fridge.

I head for the kitchen when I see a vase of flowers that need watering. As I put my coke down on the bench, I notice my glasses, which I’ve been looking for all morning. I decide I’d better take them back to my desk but first must water the flowers.

That’s when I spot the TV remote on the kitchen table. Tonight, when we’re watching TV, we’ll be looking for it. So I decide to take it back to the TV room, but first I must water those flowers. I start splashing water on them but some spills on the floor. So, I put the remote down to wipe up the spill. Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

Now, it’s the end of the day. The car isn’t washed, the bills aren’t paid, there’s a warm bottle of coke on the bench. The flowers aren’t completely watered. There’s only one cheque in my cheque book. I can’t find the TV remote or my glasses, and I don’t know what I did with the car keys. I try to work out why nothing got done today. I’m baffled because I’ve been so busy, and now I’m really tired. I realise I have a problem, and I’ll try to get some help, but first I’ll check my e-mails.

AAADD—have you ever had that?

  

Published 
Written by redwriter
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments