Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
R.I.P

8
6 Comments 6
1.1k Views 1.1k
282 words 282 words

Rest in peace, one of the only men who will ever live in my heart.

From the first time I opened my eyes, you were there, with a grin so big nothing could erase it.

When I turned 3 and mom walked away, you looked at me and said: "It's you and me against the world, baby girl."

Every big event in my life, you were right there slightly behind me as if to catch me if I fell.

The first time I had my heartbroken, I thought you would kill him, but you sat with me for a week while I balled my eyes out for the teenage love that I lost. The one love that would never hurt me was already there as I cried.

There are way too many memories that I could scribble down... 

But I think my all-time favorite was listening to you yell and scream till you lost your voice when I finally graduated high school. That big grin appeared again, and I was happy to be the one who put it on your face.

Daddy, you promised me you would never leave me as I lay in that hospital bed after losing your first and only grandson.

Five years later, you were taken away from me too. I'll always remember the last words you said to me,

"Keep living your life, baby girl, don't change for anyone."

Daddy, while you're up there watching over me (because let's face it, you've never left my side) just know that I'll never stop thinking about you, and you'll always be one of the only men who will live in my heart.

I'll love you till my heart stops beating.

 

Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments