Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Cancer

8
5 Comments 5
139 Views 139
312 words 312 words

Author's Notes

"I’ve only been on here for a short time, so have had very little interaction with Survivor. From all the comments, I can see that he was a popular member and will be sorely missed. I’m not that good with poetry, but I believe we have all been touched by cancer, in one way or another."

Death, the great unknown, the final journey we must take alone.

It comes to us all, without warning or delay, and leaves us with nothing but memories to stay.

It's a journey we can't escape, a fate we must all embrace. It's the end of our mortal coil, the release from our earthly toil.

It's a mystery, a question mark, a shadow that looms in the dark. But it's also a natural part of life, the end of our struggles and strife.

It's a reminder to live each day, to make the most of our time, come what may. To love, to laugh, to make a mark, to leave behind a legacy, a spark.

So let us not fear the inevitable end, but embrace it as a dear old friend. For death is but a door that we must pass, into a world beyond, a new life to amass.

Cancer, the word that brings fear, a silent thief that steals life so dear. It comes unannounced, without a warning, turning dreams into a nightmare so daunting.

It attacks the strong, the weak, the old, the young. Leaves a trail of pain, tears, and misery, unsung, it takes away our loved ones, leaving us in despair. Leaves behind memories, that we will forever bear.

The battle against it is long, tough, and hard. The pain, the agony, leaves us deeply scarred, but hope and courage help us fight each day. To find a cure, to find a way.

We pray for those fighting this fight. May they find strength to stand upright. May they find hope in the midst of pain. May they find healing again and again.

Cancer, the enemy we must defeat. A battle we must fight with all our might and wit. For those we love, for those we've lost, for a future where this disease is just a ghost.

Published 
Written by Brad_Naylor
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments