Find your next favourite story now
Login

Poetry

Trending Stories

I know a quiet girl so shy, Head down, she rarely speaks. She fears the world around her— Anxiety's technique. ♡♡♡ Her salty tears shroud bright blue eyes, But no one sees her cry. The corner is her friend for now; She prays pain says, “Goodbye.” ♡♡♡ No hope in sight, her eyes snap shut; She dreams a little dream. Creating worlds where she'll belong— A rainbow-colored scheme. ♡♡♡ She'll dance on clouds and find her voice;...

All Stories

I hope God isn't jealous. I look for you in everything I do. I see you in sunsets, Birds flying, Ducks, Arcade games, Tired faces. I hear you. In Eminem songs, In every middle finger, In Victoria's Secret, In Yankee Doodle parodies. Your laugh is a constant echo. I hope God isn't jealous. I talk to you more than I talk to Him. And when I do talk to Him It's either a spewing ball of rage, Cursing and blaming Your Name. Or...

Tomorrow is the day I see you. 370 days since the last time I saw your smile, Heard your laugh, Looked into your blue eyes. Only tomorrow will be so very different. Your eyes will be closed. A smile will no longer fall on your face. And your laugh Along with you, Will be gone. The shell of your body is what I get to say goodbye to. How do I face you? How do I look at a body that is so very clearly the one of my brother An...

Unbreakable

The one with love in mind,

Late at night When the world goes still And the darkness of the night Dares to creep into my soul I think of you -- Of all the words we said And all the laughs we shared Your sweet, imperfect heart Beats a rhythm only I can hear Guiding me to you Like a lost child in need of love. You wanted me to reach inside my screen And pull you into my arms But all I felt is the hard smoothness of glass And an aching deep inside that...

Paradise

Light of a new day; a passing rain shower; beauty of an Australian rainforest.

Earth slowly rouses from darkness to light; The first rays of dawn reach the horizon as Gathering clouds mask the sky; Low clouds form a gossamer cloak, Enshrouding a rainforest, dulling its vibrancy. Raindrops fall from clouds above, Showering tropical trees, flowers, and creatures of the earth, Gently bathing all that breathes below; The Autumnal shower nourishes this peaceful sanctuary. After some time the rain ceased,...

Brother Sun And Sister Moon

The Day and Nights' unique qualities

Your radiant rays warm and cheer in many ways, To brown the skin and strengthen bone, our bodies crave for you alone. We need to see you in the sky, to reassure us hope is there, when clouds hide you we do despair. Your essence is a potent part, of why we hold passion in our hearts. You greet us and bid us farewell, with golden rays you weave a spell, Caress our hearts and bodies too and return next day, our liaison to re...

“Step right up! Step right up! Toss a copper in my cup! Clap with adoring affection, For the maiden of recollection!” Pushing aside the velvet curtain Greeted by gazes, bewildered and uncertain Scattered applause simmers down As I take center stage in my crimson gown A purposely prolonged pause to build up tension Gartering this amiable audience’s attention My arms weave and flourish in the air Suddenly, they swiftly stif...

Score 3 3
2
99 Views 99
322 words 322 words

As You Slip Away

Dementia is a cruel thief

We built a life upon this earth Filled with love and ceaseless mirth Each day brought never-ending laughter Sweet thoughts of happily ever after. We worked so hard and made our plan To travel far across this land But as the time did gather near Those dreams began to disappear Oh, so subtle at the start Were little things that hurt my heart My words unheard, perhaps ignored No matter how much I implored. We had forever, or...

That night you breathed; by day you’d gone; And afterwards, a veil was drawn That hid the things you said I’d see: your solemn promise made to me that guaranteed you’d still be there. And in your place a lifeless void: clawed corners of a Polaroid The pen you used. Your chair. Yet later, from those deadened days a soul arose, in shapeless ways I can’t describe, just a knowing more than life recalled. A growing solace from...

Score 11 11
7
86 Views 86
158 words 158 words

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Whispers Of Desire

In her gaze, I find a world of desire

When I see her, my pulse begins to race, Her allure so potent, I'm lost in her grace. Curves so inviting, a tantalizing sight, In her presence, my senses ignite. Her lips, a temptation, ripe as wine, Her gaze, a promise of pleasures divine. A rush of desire courses through my veins, Near her, I struggle to maintain my reins. Her scent, an intoxicating perfume in the air, Awakening longings beyond compare. A goddess in for...

On The Beauty That Lies Beneath

Nature's beauty only hides the real beauty

Wandering through meadows in brightest sunlight, Wading through flowers with colours so bright, While butterflies flutter with shimmering wings. This beauty around me is but a skin, Over reality lying within, That eyes cannot see, but are beautiful too. The way that atoms arrange to allow, Light to give colours to what we see now, And life to the beings that dance all around. The blue of the sky above me does hide, Wonder...

Torn

What is it like to be reunited with the love of your life?

An iron fist grips my chest I release an anguished cry And terror engulfs my core. Broken, I gasp my final breath The shackles fall away And darkness embraces me. Adrift in the eternal abyss I am lost between shadow and flame Until I see a shimmer A shimmer in the void Translucent, radiant, the Veil opens Enticing me with iridescent fingers I am struck by wonder Wonder in my being As I see you, my love Waiting on the othe...

Is God A Nihilist?

Do not go gently into that good night - Dylan Thomas

Savour the day, embrace the warmth in life’s fire. Look, dervishes magnetically swirl in bridal pale, Rise, my friend; dance, dance till the embers expire. No future-fretting; it's shrouded, that ending you admire. Let fingers trace life’s pattern, morsels even lurk in braille, Savour the day, embrace the warmth in life’s fire. Take it from me; its new found tastes that inspire. Imbibe the draughts and dregs in existence’...

Rainbow Geometry

All I need is a heart open to wonder

True story: an entire double rainbow has graced our sky for the last two nights in a row. What a potent feeling, to walk out into the street, light rain peppering my hair (or what hair remains, anyway), tickling my scalp I have my phone in hand, ready to take a picture, maybe post it somewhere, Facetok, Instabook, Tikgram. And then I see what I am doing, and pause I don’t need a phone to look at the sky All I need are eye...

The Veil Between Good and Evil

Good and evil exist beyond the veil.

I Beyond the veil: the Good, the Evil, Visions of mysteries seen by the chosen few. At our given time, one by one, Souls will be carried by Angels to Love or Snatched by demons, cast into the pit. II Beyond the veil, time ceases to exist; Eternally rest in love and glory, or Forever suffer agonizing flames of fire? The choice is ours; free will, a most precious gift, To accept and love or betray and loathe, Memento mori:...

Moments In A Coffee Shop

A love story brewed in quiet connection.

Our gazes met, a spark ignited, Hearts fluttered, love's dance invited. Warm coffee stirred, our spirits twined, Lost in trance, taste left behind. In that moment, the world stood still, Time paused, and hearts began to fill. With laughter shared and glances sweet, Each heartbeat echoed, love's soft beat. Together, a symphony divine, Absorbed, our souls did intertwine. No words spoken, volumes said, In silence, our tale w...