Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
She Talks To Maya Angelou

"Paying tribute to Influential Writers"

2
3 Comments 3
395 Views 395
96 words 96 words

Author's Notes

"Angela Carlton's fiction has been published in EWR, Every Day Fiction, Camroc Press Review, Pedestal Magazine, Long Story Short, 6S, High Noon, 50 Word Stories and Friday Flash Fiction. In addition, she won the Reader’s Choice award with Pedestal Magazine in 2006. Her story “The Beach Cottage” can be found in The Best of Every Day Fiction 2008. “The Man Named Ray” can be found in The Best of Every Day Fiction 2009. In 2012, the Story "Wishing" won the 53-Word Story contest with Press 53. In 2018, her story “The Roommates” was adapted into a short film."

It’s 3 o’clock in the morning, and her creative brain is racing, racing once again. The house is soundless and dark. During those lonely hours, that dreamy state, she finds herself talking to Maya Angelou, the master poet, the one who possesses language, wisdom and light. She asks for guidance, some inspiration, that jolt, that will appear and fill all those sad, blank pages that wait for her, inside her writing room, until finally, a warm sensation surrounds her. It feels like sunlight, kissing, caressing the skin, before she hears that faint whisper, “Rise Child.”

 

 

Published 
Written by acarltoncraft1
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments