Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Friday The 13th

"Yesterday was Thursday the 12th"

5
4 Comments 4
1.2k Views 1.2k
270 words 270 words

Friday the 13th?! Other than a series of semi-scary movies (one through five actually terrified me once upon a time) today is just another day. Right? I don’t understand all the hokey “bad luck day” nonsense. I’d ask Google if my internet worked. It went out this morning. As did my cell service. Luckily I had nothing better to do today than sleep. 

Okay. That isn’t entirely true. I did have to go to the bank and do some deposit and withdraw stuff. The usual. Nothing fancy. Unfortunately a truck over turned across the 4 lane road to the bank so I never actually made it to the bank. I did take a detour and found some new roads I’ve never seen. I’ve also only lived here for about 33 years. Don’t judge. I hear no one was hurt in the truck accident. I heard that at the gas station though. Who knows if it is true. 

Stupid gas! My car ran out of gas on one of those newly discovered roads. My gauge said I had a quarter of a tank. I think. I thought. No matter. The gas station was only a mile away. Thankfully it was overcast and only 95 degrees outside. Perfect for an afternoon walk. I finally get to the gas station and realize I only have $5 and no gas tank. I found a “friend” who gave me a ride home. I guess I’ll just wait for my love to come home and help me with the gas thing. 

So, you see? Friday the 13th is just another day after all.  

Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments