Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Is It Just Me?

8
9 Comments 9
962 Views 962
569 words 569 words

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that our sneaky ass markets went from 12-ounce cans to 10-ounce? So now when a recipe calls for a 12-ounce can of weasel nuts, our calculations are all messed up and the recipe is screwed.

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that paper towels don’t absorb as much anymore? They just don’t wick up liquids like they used to. I find myself hollering, “Honey, bring me a bath towel” way too often.

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that food trucks are now serving better food than traditional sit-down restaurants? Except for McDonald’s fries. No one beats those.

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that markets have scientifically calculated the exact slope of their parking lots, so that no matter how you turn the cart, it will always keep rolling away, forcing you into a one-handed grab-ass while you try to unload.

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that the sizing of clothes seems to be an option for the maker? I can’t tell you how many times the listed size of the garment has no relation at all to the accurate size of my physique. Why can’t “large” be a large man, and not a large boy, a large raccoon, or a large lamppost?

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that the air pocket in a bag of chips has gotten bigger and the level of chips smaller? It used to be a bag of chips was ¾ full… then ½ full… now it’s only 1/3 full. Pretty soon we’ll have to buy 4 bags just to get one.

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that the price of gas drops between fillups? Yet on the day, you need a fillup, the price jumped up the day before.

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that the greedy billion dollar recycling industry has us doing their work for them? It used to be I just put everything in the trash and they hauled it away and separated it. Now, I have to separate my compost into a bin. Put my glass into a bin. My plastic into a bin. My paper into a bin and tie my cardboard up into bundles no greater than 36” square. Then I have to haul each of those bins in and out to the curb on trash day. Of course, my garbage fee to the city went up too.

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that when your spouse is angry with you, (like now!), normal things like closing doors, doing the dishes, and walking seems a lot louder?

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that the more you like a TV show, the more it is most likely to get canceled? Yet, “My Big Fat Ass” and “Fix My Trashy House” keeps getting renewed.

Is it just me… or has anyone else noticed that no matter how much in taxes we pay, it’s never enough? It’s like they think, “well, we got ‘em this far, let’s lob the carrot a bit further” and suddenly we have a whole new list of mandatory crap that has to be paid for.

**Feel free to poach this and add your own if you wish…

Published 
Written by Dreamcatcher
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments