Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Late night thoughts

"Do you ever miss us?"

6
7 Comments 7
1.1k Views 1.1k
542 words 542 words

Hey, it's been quiet, and the time since I messaged last, I don't quite remember if it's been half a year or a year and a half. It's been a long time in perspective but in hindsight, it isn't as long as it feels. Not to ramble too long, how have you been? I ask that blatantly no matter what, I know. Sometimes I don't care to know and other times I do want to know you're okay and alive and happy in a way.

I am okay, not here nor there, it's been interesting, to say the least since you been gone. Nothing really to mention since you know I'm just me; nothing to remark on. I'm not as depressed anymore, though I'm stressed from other reasons. My head is as cluttered as ever, keeping myself busy so I can stay ahead of my intrusive thoughts.

Enough about me though, I'm sure if you wanted to know you could just ask. I am just stating what I know won't be responded to anyways, but if you happen to read this, then I guess that is good enough. Perhaps I'll get an eyeroll, and a disgusted glace, or maybe a slight smile, but I won't hold my breath. 

It's late right now, and I can't seem to help lament on the late night conversations. Distant times full of serious conversations, jokes, secrets, more than likely a few lies. You always tried to incite different reactions from me. I tried to get you back a few times, sometimes I swear I won.

My plans don't seem to work out in the end. Mostly bad ideas paired with a determination to get them to work and the carefree willingness to attempt it. Needless to say, I do apologize if I ever made you a fool, just take comfort I am a bigger fool then you though. After all, here I am writing this, daring myself to post it. Post something anyways, anything but a poem and you know how I feel about those. 

I know times have changed, and time doesn't turn back. I hoped it would be longer then what it was. But even I won't try to change this predicament. I've used up a lot of my energy and care previously it left me kind of hollow instead. I had days were the world had spun around me, separate even that I was a broken gear out of place. I spent a lot of days laying in the bottom of a hole, staring up at the distance it is to get myself out when all I would have to do is sit up and see how shallow it was. 

I remember how pissed off you could get, some of the things I said that shouldn't warrant an argument somehow triggering you yelling at me. I remember the two times I went picking a fight with you. Do you remember? Remember what I said? You never answered that question, but you didn't need to. I already know the answer, I knew it from the moment you deflected the question. It was a disappointing conclusion to come to, but it would have happened eventually. Games become boring if you play with it too often.

 

Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments