Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
My little adventure

4
4 Comments 4
1.1k Views 1.1k
350 words 350 words

In my childhood, I had lived in a house without neighbours, so I raised up in a calm sphere, only my brother who I had played with all the time. I felt as I lived in a desolate world.

When I was eight years old, one sunny afternoon in March, on arriving from school, I had told mom and my grandmother proudly ( to show that I have friends too) that my girlfriends were coming to my home to play together.

At school, I was lonely and disagreeable. My classmates didn't talk nor play with me. I felt unwanted, maybe because of my shyness. I would like to have friends and spend time playing, crying out loud, falling on the ground and laughing so much as other children did; to live and enjoy my infancy. Thus I had decided to do so.

The house was in the midst of a large area of ground. It was 3 p.m, and I told mom that I had to go out to meet my friends in the doorway. I departed. Then I had started my play. I had jumped, ran around the house, calling them by name also talked and laughed loudly. Until 6 p.m as I had known that mom would prepare tea for us. I entered, my skin was damp with perspiration, and my heart was beating too fast. Then she said, "I thought your friends would be just one or two not too many. You were very noisy.". And went on "have you invited all the classroom? You hadn't let us take a siesta".

I looked down with a mixture of innocent smile and great fear. I told her that there were no friends indeed, but only one person; me. Mom and grandmother were astonished and surprised by all the noise I had made by myself, As to experience having friends at home and amused their company, I tried to pretend and acted as I dreamed of.

As a result of my imaginary friend, I had suffered from fever and sore throat.So I was awake all night in acute pain. 

 

Published 
Written by meryem
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments