Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Quandary of Life

"It is your journey, follow your own rainbows."

10
8 Comments 8
1.6k Views 1.6k
248 words 248 words


Quandary in definition: A state of uncertainty or perplexity.

I have lived most of my life locked within a state of quandary.

Trying to find out who I am, knowing the feelings I feel are real, but not knowing how to explain them to societies satisfaction.

A loner within my own body, because my gender dictates how I should act and who I can, or who I can not love.

Pegged by rules of religion and most of what society utters as truths.

Finding personally that these truths are tainted, and have become the prejudices of those who interpret the scrolls.

My feeling is; that being in control, is a hidden agenda behind societal and religious rules and nearly every written interpretation.

Leading the way for those same injustices, which have plagued humanity for ions, too arise over and over again.

By questioning that authority, nearly always leads to the persecution of everyone who disagrees with the interpreter.

Who says history doesn't repeat itself?

Will we ever recognize, that all beings are unique souls?

Will we ever learn, that each has to travel their own chosen pathways?

No one needs to spread a map in front of us, to tell us where they think we should be and why we should be there.

It is our journey to make. We deserve to take as many detours as we see fit and enjoy all of our rainbows without others telling us where to go and how to get there.

Published 
Written by CKAcres
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments