Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Cubs Are Going To Kill Me

"I hate loving them"

7
6 Comments 6
1.1k Views 1.1k
260 words 260 words


The Cubs are going to kill me. First game of the 2016 WORLD SERIES and....did they not show up? This rant may take a minute and veer off road. Just a heads up.

I grew up in a state that's real big on football and basketball. Baseball? No. But Chicago's only 40 miles away. White Sox? I hate Sox. Their color doesn't matter.

Chicago Cubs. Red, white and blue. That's my team. In 2007, I stopped watching baseball. All of my favorite players traded, new faces every game, I just lost heart. The fact that the Cubs sucked was possibly a factor as well. Until. Last year.

What happened? It seems the Cubs have become a good team again. While I couldn't watch every baseball game, I listened quite intensely. Anxiously. Not wanting to hope. Fearing inevitable disappointment. I swear. The Cubs are going to kill me.

Fast forward. October 26th, 2016. The Chicago Cubs have made the WORLD SERIES! Hello???? This has happened NEVER in my life time! I am excited. I am hopeful. I also believe they are a great team. The Indians? Where'd they come from? Hehe.

I have theories on things that happen every 4 years. But that's because I don't trust anyone. Whole different story.

I did not watch game one of the WS. Sleep was not a choice. But I slept very well. I was afraid to look at the score, but like a kid in a candy store, I had to see!! Taste!! What is this??

Cubs lose 6-0. DAMMIT!!!! The effin Cubs are gonna kill me!!
Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments