Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
the midnight dance

"A lady's wish."

9
7 Comments 7
1.2k Views 1.2k
225 words 225 words
Her hair midnight blue, her skin alabaster white under the moons soft light.

In a place where the breeze whispers to the trees, and the fire fly's dance in the night.

You will see her standing there,

Waiting for a lover that never appears, listening to a music only she can hear.

The world goes quiet as she lifts her skirt and bows to a lover only she can see.

The moon holds its breath as she dips and sways, each movement one of grace.

For in this place she can see his face, as she holds her hand out to a partner that is never there.

As she moves her body in this lonely dance, among the trees in this hidden place.

Her soft laughter floats across time and space, as the tempo of her plight gathers speed.

A soft mist falls wrapping her in its embrace, as on and on she dances this dance born out of her heartache and need.

The moon and stars the only witnesses to this scene, as she falls to her knees a single tear slips down her cheek.

She raises her face to the moon and stars, hoping her answers are written there above.

But alas they are not, for each night you will find her there dancing a dance for a ghost only she can see.

Published 
Written by ravenpearl
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments