Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Cage

"A Man awakes in a Cage."

1
1 Comment 1
107 Views 107
379 words 379 words

K woke up to find himself in a small, cramped cage. He had no memory of how he had ended up there or how long he had been there. The cage was made of metal bars that were tightly spaced together, and he could feel the hard floor beneath him.

He tried to push the door of the cage open, but it was locked tight. He screamed for help, but there was no one to hear him. He felt trapped and alone, like he was the last person on earth.

As the hours passed, K tried to piece together his memories. He remembered going to bed the previous night, but after that, everything was a blur. Had he been kidnapped? Was this some kind of sick game?

Days turned into weeks, and K's situation didn't change. He was fed scraps of food and water through a small hole in the cage door, but he had no contact with anyone else. He began to feel like he was losing his mind, like he was trapped in a never-ending nightmare.

Eventually, K began to notice something strange. The walls of his cage seemed to be shifting and changing, almost like they were alive. The bars seemed to twist and turn, bending into impossible shapes. K's mind raced with fear and confusion.

Then, one day, the door of the cage swung open. K stumbled out, blinking in the sudden light. He looked around, disoriented, and saw that he was in a vast, empty space. The walls around him were made of the same twisted, living metal as his cage.

K realized that he was not alone. There were other people, just like him, wandering around aimlessly. Some were in cages, others were wandering free. But all of them seemed lost and confused, like they were living in a nightmare.

K began to explore the strange, shifting world around him, trying to find a way out. But the more he searched, the more he realized that there was no escape. He was trapped in a world of his own mind, a twisted and terrifying world that he could never escape.

And so, K resigned himself to his fate, wandering the shifting corridors of his own mind, forever trapped in his own personal nightmare.

Published 
Written by swindonbloke
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments