Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
A Vampire's Lullaby Chapter 12

"The moment before the end."

3
2 Comments 2
1.2k Views 1.2k
591 words 591 words
Chapter 12: Alex’s Final Moments

I opened my tired eyes, only to see myself.

"You woke up, Alex."

I sat up, my thirst for blood beginning to overrun my control.

"Who are you?"

My look alike helped me to my feet. "Can’t you tell?"

I looked at the man once more, the painting of my dad appeared in my mind.

"You’re my-!"

"Alex. They need your help."

He pointed past me into the air. I saw four vampires ripping each other to shreds. Two being Mars and Vladimir, another being the long haired man who I met in that dark, isolated room and left me to starve. My body was weak from hunger.

"Alex!" A female voice called out to me.

"Taylor."

A hooded man with striking blue eyes accompanied her.

"Why aren’t you up there helping?"

"I can’t. I’m barely standing. I was starved. Still am."

She stared at me and then ripped her shirt’s neckline.

"Here take my blood."

"What? No!"

She grabbed my face. "They need help! Do you want Vladimir and Mars to die?"

The man with blue eyes removed his hood, pushing Taylor back.

"You will do no such thing, Taylor. My blood will suffice."

I looked at him quizzically.

"A Hunters’ blood will satisfy your urge and give you the strength you need."

"I see. Thank you."

I quickly bit into the man’s neck, mercilessly ravaging his red bodily fluids. When finished, I gently set him down, and Taylor rested his head on her lap.

"I only took what I needed. He’ll live."

Taylor had a pained look on her face.

"What are you up to?"

I smiled, my eyes were filled with peace.

"…I’m going to end this once and for all. Let me borrow this."

I grabbed her sword, which started burning my hand.

"Take care of my dad. Goodbye, Taylor."

"Wait…Alex!"

"Young lady. He’s doing what he thinks is right. All we can do now is watch silently."

We were reaching our limits. Deep cuts covered me, and my stomach gashed open and my right arm snapped in two. Legend was not in any better condition.

"This ends now, Legend. Your followers have dwindled. Just give in."

"I’m afraid that won’t happen."

Legend brought out a pair of spiked brass knuckles, equipping hands with them.

"This is it. My creator."

We both flew at each other, baring our fangs. Before I could touch him, I felt something hit my chest, sending me hurtling to the ground. For some reason, the sound of punctured flesh rang through my ears. When I collected myself, I looked up at where Legend was. What I saw had broken my heart into a million pieces.

Alex drove Taylors’ katana through Legends’ heart. Legend had drilled through Alex’s chest with his bare arm and the brass knuckles. Both began hacking up handfuls of blood and collapsed to the ground. Three hours were up, and the sun had begun to rise. The vampires from both sides quickly retreated so as not to burn into ash. Daniel quickly covered Vladimir with the blanket. He then went over to Alex, pulling the fist out of his sons’ body. Mars urged Vladimir to hurry back to the mansion. They slowly made their way back, trying to prevent Mars from burning. The war had ended. Legend finally was brought to his end. But this resulted in a severe cost, the death of one most beloved by those around him.
Published 
Written by Akizuki
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments