Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Therian: Chapter Two

""I am a wolf and will not be afraid.""

2
1 Comment 1
1.0k Views 1.0k
1.2k words 1.2k words

After night had fallen and Lily was certain that her father was sleeping, she pulled out her cell-phone, and the card in her back pocket. She ran her fingers over the raised numbers and then dialed them. She was a little surprised there was any cell service out here.

"Hello?" She recognized Klaus's voice.

"Um, Klaus? This is Lily. We just met today if you remember?" There was a surprised pause on the other end, and she heard the background noise go silent. It made her nervous. Perhaps she shouldn't have called. It's just she needed to know what was going on, and she had a feeling Klaus knew. Moreover, absent the noise of the city, she felt lonelier than ever.

"Greetings, Lily. I admit I did not expect to hear from you so soon."

'I wanted to talk to you. Can we meet at the forest line in front of my house or is that too far for you?"

"No, it isn't too far. I'll make my way there now."

"Thank you. See you soon."

"Soon." He murmured and then the line went dead. She took a deep breath. What if he was a psycho or something? Still, he might have the answers she needed. It was cold outside if the air coming through her open window was any indication, so she donned a fresh pair of jeans and a thick, but a flattering sweater. She finger combed her hair and climbed out her window, dropping down off the roof to land softly on the grass. Luckily for her, the cabin wasn't too high up.

She made her way to the tree line and turned back to inspect the cabin. There were no windows with a view of where she was, so if her Father decided to look outside he'd be none the wiser.

**

He watched as she entered the forest line; entered his territory. If she only knew what she was; been raised the way she should have been. It would be nothing then, for him to approach her. He wouldn't risk the fear of this beautiful creature; at least no more so than he did in anyone else. He couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her.

His body still ached from holding her up against him. The way she'd submitted out of sheer effect rather than duty still played in his mind over and over again. She smelled like sandalwood and satin. He knew she would never want him, but he could be satisfied with the sight of her couldn't he?

His lip curled when he scented Klaus nearby, but he kept himself in check. His wolf hated the idea of another male near the half breed, but Klaus was here on his orders to ensure her safety. He would put up with it. After all, she didn't belong to him. 

Lily

Lily studiously pretended not to notice the strange man watching her again. He was hidden further back in the forest, but she knew he was there. She could just barely make out his features as she gazed at him from beneath her eyelashes. Why was he watching and not saying anything? She turned from her thoughts when she heard a stick snap, relaxing when she realized it was Klaus.

"Lily. What was it you needed to speak with me about?" His friendly, open expression belied the brevity of his words. Should she beat around the bush or just be straight with him? She opted for the latter.

"Why did you really meet us when we got here?" She kept her tone gentle and non-accusatory. He nodded as if he expected the question.

"Would you be angry if I told you I was not at liberty to say?"

"No, though you're just escalating my curiosity. Be warned, if you don't tell me, I'll go looking for answers on my own." He chuckled at her statement.

"I have no doubt you will. Was this all you wanted to talk about?" He seemed unimpressed with her insistence but also amused. She pouted internally.

"Well, no. Something odd happened to me earlier."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Someone grabbed me, told me they didn't mean any harm, and then told me to submit. I did. It was like I had no choice. Then he put his hand on my stomach, and it got warm. Then he just disappeared." She watched his reaction carefully. She knew how crazy she probably sounded. He seemed almost like he already knew what happened to her. Her suspicion that he was part of this whole thing grew. "I had a feeling you would know what happened."

Klaus closed his eyes and tilted his head back slightly. It was almost like he was listening to someone speak or sing. She wondered what he was doing and was about to ask when his eyes opened, glinting with purpose.

"I will admit to you that something is happening. It does involve you. I also ask that you have patience. At this time knowing would endanger you." He held up his hand to stop her when she opened her mouth to protest. "Let it be for now Lily. You will know when the time is right. I would like to ask you a question, and I need you to take it seriously."

"Okay." She murmured.

"Do you believe in magic?" She blinked.

"Yes." She glared at him as if daring him to laugh at her for hanging onto the belief that magic was real. She was sure he would mock her or smirk. All he did was nod in a practical way.

"Good. I can tell you that magic has something to do with all this."

"Will you tell me sometime, what all this is about?" He nodded and smiled gently at her. All of this was freaking her out, and her head was spinning. She jumped when she heard a low animalistic growl behind her and that same dark voice from before broke the quiet of the evening.

"You will know soon little one. Come, Klaus." Lily whirled around, but there was no one there. Whoever that guy was he sure had the vanishing act down. She turned back to Klaus and sighed.

"That was the same guy as before." 

"What did you do before?" Klaus asked curiously.

"I stomped on his foot." Klaus's eyes widened, and he threw his head back and burst into laughter.

"Well, that's one way to handle it." He smirked and patted her arm in a reassuring way. "Have patience. Remember to call if you need me." Then he turned with a wave and walked deeper into the forest.

Lily ran a hand through her hair. It was a long week and an even longer day. She wondered if life would always be like this in her new home? She walked back to the cabin and entered the same way she left. She was more than ready for bed at this point, and hoping for now, that her life might calm down some.
 

 

 

 

Published 
Written by AnnaGustic
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments