Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber 33

6
4 Comments 4
1.1k Views 1.1k
758 words 758 words

As soon as Bruce pulled out of the driveway Amber bounded into the living room to tell her folks that she had been asked to be his prom date.

 

 

"Yes, we know," Mom replied.

 

"How do you know?"

 

"He asked us if he could invite you because he knew we would be babysitting that night," her Dad chimed in.

 

Before she could comment further, the baby monitor on the end table let them know that Lea was up and needed attention and Amber flew to her room. After changing her she walked out to the living room with the baby in her arms and let her Mom and Dad hold her while she heated a bottle of formula.

 

Later, as she fed Lea in the quiet of her bedroom, she thought about the most recent events. She had been invited to senior proms, since she was fourteen and had turned down all invites. She didn't even know any of boys that had asked her outside of the fact that they were regular customers at the ice cream stand she worked.

 

She sensed that the only reason she had been asked was that so her date could show off the stunning teen fashion model he had on his arm.

 

In junior high and senior high, it was the same story, except these boys were jocks that she met at the sporting events she attended. Oh they were handsome and in great shape, but she sensed they wanted something else besides just a prom date.

 

She remembers one of the senior girls telling her not to accept any invites to any senior prom.

 

"It will make your senior prom seem less important," the girl said..

 

This wisdom was only departed on her because she had heard that a boy that she had hoped would ask her was thinking about asking Amber.

 

She remembered Allison getting dressed for her senior prom and she looked fantastic. She also remembered Allison coming home early much to her escorts dismay. She had just gotten into body building and didn't want to miss a workout.

 

"Prom's not that big a deal, well for me anyway," she told her younger sister.

 

Now she had accepted an invitation to attend one with the guy she loved and she was not going to disappoint him. On her next visit to the doctor, the subject of working out was brought up and her Doctor had no problems with it, as long as Amber didn't overdo it.

 

She started the next morning after Lea's breakfast. The baby was placed in her playpen and Amber dropped to the floor and began to do crunches. She kept a nonstop chatter with Lea that caused her to smile and laugh as she counted out the repetitions. She was barley able to do a hundred.

 

She then moved to push ups and managed twenty, before she was forced to stop. What she really wanted to do was jog, but it was still a little too chilly to take Lea out in it. She was alone now during the day as her Mom had returned to her job. She stayed home for three weeks to help Amber adjust to caring for an infant and also spelled her so she could get some sleep.

 

Soon March arrived and Allison came home for Spring break. There were tears in her eyes, when she saw and held her niece for the first time in between showering her younger sister with hugs and kisses for a job well done.

 

"Ally, I need your help,"Amber said over coffee.

 

"Anything you need," she responded.

 

Amber told her about the prom invite and that she had begun working out, but she needed Ally's expert assistance. Ally was more than eager to help her anyway she needed. Amber always worked out hard during her modeling days, so she was used to it. Those workout were at at the gym under the watchfull eye of a trainer.

 

She would spend a few hours there, but now that she had a baby to care for that was out.

 

"What you did at the gym you can do here. What happened to my weight bench and weights?"Ally said.

 

Amber had forgotten all about them.

"Dad must have put them someplace."

"When he get home we will ask him and then we will start."

"But the basement can get a little chilly and I don't want Lea to get a chill," Amber started.

"Then we will do a little improvising."

"Improvising?"

"Trust me," Ally responded.

 

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments