Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 14

5
4 Comments 4
1.3k Views 1.3k
1.2k words 1.2k words
When Amber arrived home with the pizza she found her older sister sitting at the kitchen table with her mom and almost dropped the pie.

" Allison," she screamed with joy as she flew into her sister's open arms.

When Amber was released she removed her coat and Allison's eyes grew wide at what was hidden underneath. Amber saw her sister's wide eyed and open mouthed stare and her happiness vanished and she suddenly felt ashamed.

"Oh baby sister," she said in a sad voice.

"Allison, please don't hate me."

"Oh baby, I could never hate you," she responded and hugged her sister again being a little more gentle that last time.

Amber's father walked in and the surprise of seeing his oldest daughter home for the holidays was written on his face. He moved everyone aside so he could give her a welcome home hug. Now he understood why his wife wanted pizza and wanted them to pick it up instead of waiting for delivery, they wanted to surprise him.

"Where is your car?" Dad asked.

"In the drive next door," Mom responded.

"Come on I'm starving, lets eat," Dad said pulling out the chairs for all his girls.

Throughout dinner Allison chatted about college, making the weight lifting team and where she placed in her contests. After the table was cleared off Amber excused herself and went to her room and Dad headed to the rec room to have a smoke.

After patting his pockets he realized he was out and went to the bedroom to get a fresh pack. As he walked past Amber's bedroom door he noticed that it was open. He normally respected her privacy and did not glance inside, but this time he heard a familiar sound so he tapped on the door and called her name.

When she did not answer he entered the room and saw her sitting at her computer desk sobbing. He called her name twice, but she did not respond until he touched her shoulder. When Amber looked up and saw her father standing there she stood up and hugged him as tightly as she could.

"Daddy I'm sorry, you must be so disappointed in me," she said between ragged sobs.

"Oh baby girl, I am not disappointed," he responded stroking her hair.

"You should, I have totally fucked up my life," she continued to weep.

"Amber, what brought this on?"

"Seeing Allison and hearing her stories about how great college is reminded me that I won't be attending for a while."

Her father untangled himself from her grasp and sat her on the bed and then sat next to her with his arm across her shoulders.

"Yes honey, college is out , but only for a little while."

"I've ruined my life and embarrassed myself along with you and Mom."

"You need to look on the bright side," he said in a soothing voice.

"There is a bright side?"

"Yes there is. The day you were born I started a college fund for you, as I did your sister. Between the initial deposit which was considerable, small monthly deposits and daily interest over the last sixteen years, it has grown into a sizable amount.

When the baby comes you will not have to want for anything to keep it and you healthy. Plus you may live here as long as you want. "

Amber thanked her dad at least one hundred times before he told her to go wash her face as she looked like hell. The family spent an enjoyable evening playing Monopoly like they did in the days gone by.

 Around 11:00 pm it was time for bed and Mom told the girls that since tomorrow was the day before Thanksgiving there was house cleaning that had to be done while she and Dad were at work and asked for help. Both girls agreed and told Mom to make a list. 

It was shortly after the family had gone to bed and Amber was in bed reading that she heard a gentle tapping on her door.

"Am, you up? Alison asked in a low voice.

"Yeah Ally, come on in."

Allison entered and Amber still could not believe how muscle bound her sister was. Dressed in boy shorts and a lifting top she was a magnificent sight to see. She crawled into bed next to Amber as they had done hundreds of times as little girls to talk and share secrets.

"So, are you going tell me about it?" Allison asked, gently touching Amber's prominent stomach.

"There is nothing to tell, I got stupid and payed the price."

"Is he local? Give me his name and I'll twist his head off."

"That won't make me unpregnant," Amber responded with a smile. She noticed that her sister had tears in her eyes.

"Oh Ally, don't start crying otherwise I'll have to join you," Amber added

"I'm just sorry that you have to go through this alone."

"I'm not totally alone, not with Mom and Dad being so supportive and a very close friend."

"So I've heard. Now tell me about this boy you're seeing?"

Amber told her sister the whole story up to and including the date and their first kiss. Allison smiled as her sister's face lit up as it always did when speaking about Bruce. Amber even confessed to the butchering of one of her old dresses by Mom so she would have something special to wear on that date.

"I hear Dad let him spend the night on the couch?"

"Dad's idea, he worries a lot."

" I'm willing to bet that he did not spend much time on the couch"

"Ally, what are you implying?" Amber asked with a smile.

"Nothing. but there is a faint scent of man's cologne in my closet," she responded back with a smile.

"Damn, I forgot the kimono. Please don't tell on me."

"Wow, he must be special. I'd like to meet him," Allison said.

"I dunno if that's a good idea," Amber countered

"And why is that?"

"He'll get one look at you and forget about me."

Allison noticed that the smile vanished from her sister's face and she looked pale.

"Amber what's wrong?"

"We will have a house full of people on Thursday and I don't know if I can handle all the stares, questions, winks and comments."

"If anyone says something stupid I'll kick their ass if Dad doesn't beat me to it."

The girls chatted for awhile before the events of the day finally caught up Alison and she bid her sister good night. After she left, Amber went to the desktop and logged in to her favorite chat site and found that Bruce was on. She sent him a cam chat request and he responded.

She placed the headphones on her head and clicked the camera button and Bruce's face appeared on the screen. Amber was shocked by his appearance, he looked like he had not slept in days.

"Bruce, are you all right?" she asked in a concerned voice.

"Yeah, I've been having trouble sleeping."

"Why is that?"

"Bad dreams."

"What kind of bad dreams?" She asked, getting worried.

"Are you going to be home tomorrow?" he questioned.

"Yes, all day. My sister is home from college too."

"Do you think she will give us some privacy?"

"Bruce, what is this all about?" Amber asked, now really frightened.

"Tomorrow," he said as he broke the connection.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments