Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 16

5
4 Comments 4
1.2k Views 1.2k
1.3k words 1.3k words
They sat on the couch holding each other tightly. They were both so relieved that they felt the fear and stress of the last two days fading away and being replaced by a warm contented feeling in their hearts. Amber pulled away only slightly so she could look him in the eyes.

"Bruce Cranston, I love you too. That's why I have been so miserable these last two days, I thought that I would never see you again," she admitted when she was able to stop crying.

That statement caused Bruce to hug her even tighter.

"So was it Gina that kissed you?" she asked.

"Is it important?" he responded.

"To me it is."

"Yes, it was Gina," he admitted.

"She is very pretty and has a great figure."

"Yeah she does, but I don't love her," he responded.

They then talked about their fears to each other and responded to them.

"Yes Bruce, I will get back my shape in record time and yes I am going to college. But I am going there to learn and not get laid."

"No Amber, I have no intention of walking out on you before or after the baby arrives. I worry that down the road you will become bored with me and want to date other men as you will feel you missed out because you spent so much time with me."

"I have the same worries.You're planning on attending college also aren't you? You think that I don't worry that some hot coed will want you for herself or that maybe you will become bored with me and start looking around?" she responded.

"The chances of that happening are slim," he stated.

"Oh really? Gina wanted you and she does not strike me as a girl that has ever wanted for the attention of men," she answered.

They sat there looking at each other as though for the first time.

I got you something that I hope will prove how I feel," he said as he reached for his coat.

"Bruce, you don't have to buy me anything to prove how you feel about me," she said. Further comment was frozen in her throat when she saw the small squared box in his hand.

Amber took the box and opened it. Inside was his massive class ring.

"The only person that has ever worn that is me. I would like you to wear it."

Amber then removed her class ring, kissed it and handed it to Bruce. They both stared at the gifts they had just received.

"Boy the gossips are really going to like this," she responded.

"I really don't care anymore," he responded attempting to slide her ring on his pinky finger.

"Bruce we gotta stop," she said after one long kiss.

"Why?"

"Because it make me want you and there is nothing I can do about it with my sister upstairs."

"OK. I gotta split anyway. I promised my mom I'd help her get the house ready for tomorrow."

They shared one brief kiss and he departed. Amber slowly headed upstairs, the days of her running up these stairs were over for now. She called her sister's name as she moved and upon hearing her little sister's voice Allison burst from her room and almost collided with her in the hallway.

"What's wrong? Did he hurt you? I'll kick his ass if her did," she questioned her little sister.

"No, look."

Amber opened her palm and showed Allison the ring he had given her. Allison was overjoyed for her and her smile proved it. She then pulled her into her old bedroom and began to rummage through all of the sewing things.

She finally found what she had been searching for, it was an old piece of angora wool.

"Now you wrap the wool around the back of the band and that way you can wear it on your hand or place a small chain through it and wear it around you neck," Allison told her.

"Can you show me?" Amber asked.

"If you can manage to let it go I'll do it for you,"she responded with a smile.

Amber released the ring and Allison started winding the soft wool around it. She told her sister all that she and Bruce talked about.

"So, is he going to put in an appearance tomorrow?" Allison questioned.

"I didn't ask him to. Besides Dad doesn't really like him."

"Amber, he let him spend the night. I think he likes him enough."

When Bruce arrived home he spent a few hours helping his parents clean the house. When his Mom shooed them out of the kitchen to start the prep work for dinner they headed to the basement to clean their rec room in order to have room to watch the football games.

"So when are we going to meet your sweetheart?" Dad asked.

"Are you sure you want to? You didn't sound to thrilled when we talked about her last," Bruce answered.

I just wanted to see how serious you were about her and from what I heard you are pretty serious."

"I am serious, Dad. I really like her," he responded.

"If you like her then she is more that welcome."

That evening back at Amber's house there was a knock on her bedroom door and she heard her father ask if he could come in. Amber quickly donned her robe and told him to enter.

"How's my girl this evening," he asked hugging her.

"I'm good, better than last time we talked," she responded.

Dad noticed the heavy man's ring wrapped in angora and threaded through gold chain on her neck.

"So is your boyfriend going to come over tomorrow?" he asked and also noticed that she did not protest his use of the word.

"Probably not, he knows you don't particularly like him," she responded truthfully.

"Amber, that a crock," he responded as he sat next to her on the bed.

"I am going to share a secret with you that you cannot ever tell him or anyone, even your mom," he continued.

"OK"

"Do you know why I allowed him to sleepover?" he questioned.

"Cause you were worried about me in this condition?" she answered.

"No. It was because we have not seen you so happy since you started seeing him. The smile on your face when you came home from your date was so wide it made us smile. I didn't see any harm in it and like you told me, its not like he could get you pregnant."

Amber only smiled so her dad continued.

"Now I am not so old and out of touch to believe that he slept on the couch, but I don't really want to know that. If you are happy, then I am happy for you."

Amber hugged her dad's neck tightly, "I love you Daddy."

"I suspect that I am not the only one you love," he said has she released and he pointed to the ring on her neck and the absence of her school ring.

"You're not mad?"

"No I am not mad and he's more than welcome to stop by,"

A few minutes after her Dad left the room Amber logged onto her PC and went to her favorite webpage. Bruce was on so she sent him a webcam chat request. He accepted and she grabbed her headset and switched on her camera.

"Hey Sweetie," he greeted her.

"How are you?" she asked.

"I feel so good I can't explain it," he answered.

"I know the feeling. Anyway my parents want to know if you are going to stop by tomorrow?" Amber asked.

Bruce only laughed.

"What's so funny?" she questioned.

"My parents want to know the same thing," he responded.

They both laughed and a long conversation ensued about the how and the when for the visit.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments