Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 9

"Trouble in paradise"

4
5 Comments 5
1.1k Views 1.1k
1.1k words 1.1k words
Amber woke at 7:00am and headed to the bathroom for her normal bout with morning sickness, their intensity had lessened over the last few months and that was a relief. She then headed to the kitchen where she poured a large glass of orange juice and took her pre-natal vitamins.

She had just finished draining the glass when her cellphone rang so she fished it out of the pocket of her robe and glanced at the caller ID, she saw that the caller was her Dad.

"Good morning, Daddy."

"How's my girl this morning?"

"I'm good. How was the party?"

It was great, Mom and I took first place in the couples costume division."

"Congrats."

"So, how was your evening?"

"It was great. We had lots of trick or treaters and almost went through all the candy Mom brought. Afterwards we ordered pizza and watched marathon of old horror movies."

"So where is your boyfriend now?"

"Daddy! Again with the boyfriend remarks? He is still asleep. Is there a problem?"

"No, not really." The Jacobi's and Richardson's want your Mom and I to drive down to their place for the day."

"So what's the problem?"

"We won't be home until late Sunday afternoon."

"So enjoy yourselves."

"Do you think Bruce will stay another night if you ask him?"

"I don't need a babysitter."

"We've been through that."

 "I can't ask him to spend a whole day here, he'd be bored outta his mind."

"Ask him anyway."

"Goodbye Daddy."

She heard the toilet flush and knew Bruce was up.

"If you want to shower there are bath towels under the sink," she called down the hallway.

"I would love too, but you gotta bring me my backpack so I can get my clothes."

"I'm still in my robe and you want to get dressed. Are you in a hurry to leave?"

"No, but I didn't bring a robe."

"Take a shower and I will find you one."

" I still need my backpack for my shaving kit."

She grabbed his backpack and dropped it at the bathroom door and then headed to the closet in her sisters old room. The only unfeminine thing she could find was a black silk kimono that her sister never wore as it wasn't her style. It was perfect and due to Allison's size it should fit him with no problem. She hung the robe on the doorknob as she headed back to the kitchen to make coffee.

Bruce appeared about fifteen minutes.

"Wow, that looks great on you.

 "Your Dad's?"

"No, my sisters"

"Your sisters?"

"Yes, I didn't dare give you one of Dad's robes."

"Probably a good idea."

 "Coffee?"

"Yes please."

 "Are you hungry?"

" I'm starved."

"What would you like?"

"Any of the pizza left?"

"You like cold pizza for breakfast?"

"Yeah. what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, it just happens to be my favorite thing in the world for breakfast."

Soon the pizza box occupied the center of the table and they attacked it with a hearty appetite. When they finished she refreshed his coffee and then took a seat in his lap where she gave him a kiss.

"Good morning."

"And a good morning to you."

"This is nice, he said as he placed his arm around her waist.

"Enjoy it while you can. In another couple of months my sitting in your lap will probably crush your knees."

"I'll risk it."

 "So tell me do have plans for today?" 

"Nope."

"Really? No chores at home that have to be done?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"My parents called and informed me that they won't be home until tomorrow afternoon and"

"And they wanted to know if I would stay another night," Bruce finished the sentence she started.

"Yeah."

"I dunno."

"Well there are some fringe benefits to staying."

"Really? Like what?"

Amber stood up and untied her robe to reveal another stunning nightgown."

"You mean you want to do it again?"

"Yes," she answered shyly.

"I thought that was a one time thing."

That remark seemed to anger her and she stared at him.

"No, its not a one time thing."

"Don't get upset."

"I slept with you because I wanted to and I hoped that you wanted to with me. I also hoped that it would not be a one time thing for you or was I being stupid? Whatsamatter, is having sex with a pregnant girl too gross for you?"

"Amber, I didn't say anything like that. You're getting upset over nothing," 

"Let me up."

"No, not until you listen to me."

"Let me up."

"As you wish, I don't need this crap," Bruce said as let her go and stood up. 
 
He removed the robe and dressed in the clothes he had on yesterday and was out the door in under five minutes.

Amber remained stone faced during all this and took a seat at the kitchen table. She didn't start crying until she heard his car back down the drive and head up the street. She had to force herself to calm down lest she make herself sick to her stomach and bring on a bout of nausea.

"Now you did it you stupid fat pregnant bitch," she cursed at herself," Why are you always looking for something wrong and jumping to conclusions?"

The rest of the morning dragged by for her. She cleaned up the breakfast mess and did a small load of laundry, her sheets were in a terrible state. As she was about to place them in the washer she caught the faint scent of his cologne that he wore still clinging to the top sheet and she began to cry again.

She was miserable and lonely so she called her friend Barbi, but she was not at home. At noon she ate a small lunch even though she had lost her appetite but she needed something in her stomach for the next round of her vitamins.

She then stretched out on the couch and cried herself to sleep. She wasn't asleep long before she was awakened by the doorbell. She glance through the peep hole and saw Bruce standing there. She threw open the door and flew into his arms kissing him a hundred time between saying she was sorry.

"Don't look me. I must look like one of the zombies we saw yesterday. I need to get some makeup on."

"Amber you look fine."

She gave him a look.

"OK, you look like shit but I don't care."

"At least you're honest."

"We made a pact remember? Now get dressed and I will take you to lunch."

Amber who now was suddenly hungry set a new record in getting ready and in less than an hour they were headed out the door.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments