Stories Space was launched 10 years ago, and saw its greatest influx of members when it "went public" on Oct. 12, 2010. This is one of three writing competitions we're having as part of the celebration.
The "Cheers to 10 Years - Flash" contest has the following rules:
• No entry fee
• All entries must be original, unpublished work of the entrant.
• Members may submit up to four entries, one of each word limit listed below. Each word limit is based on a number of significance to Stories Space and/or its upcoming anniversary:
- Word Limit (significance)
- 261 (fortnights)
- 522 (weeks)
- 873 (authors on site)
- 1,012 (tenth month, twelfth day / American date format)
• Entries will be accepted in Flash Fiction
or any appropriate category (no Micro Fiction). For this event only, entries up to 1,012 words may be submitted in the Flash Fiction category even if they exceed the usual 1,000-word limit. Submissions in other categories must meet our standard minimum (about 600 words for most categories).
• Bonuses will be given to individual submissions that are exactly the specified limit (according to the counter on the submission screen).
• Each submission must include at least one of the following 10 words:
• Please list which word(s) you used in the Note to Moderators section of the submission screen.
Before submitting an entry, please make sure that it has been thoroughly proofread and is the story you want to submit. Entries may not be edited after submission, or deleted and replaced with another entry.