Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.3k replies
405k views
17 watchers
952 likes
Crazy old ape
1 like

It certainly stared into my soul. Give it a read, folks.

After a couple nice days, we're into spring rains here. Looking forward to the May flowers, I guess.

Coffee is a Costa Rican dark roast. Teas are Se Chong Oolong and Earl Grey. There's hot water available for other teas and hot chocolate.

Later...

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Carey’d away.
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

It certainly stared into my soul. Give it a read, folks.

Thanks for that. I'm also working on somethin for the other side but that popped into my head and wouldn't leave me alone so...there we are.

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Got some nice hot Nicaraguan medium in the coffee pot. Teas du jour are English Breakfast and Raspberry Royale. Fresh lemonade and iced tea are in the fridge and hot water is ready for other teas or hot chocolate.

Have a great weekend, y'all!!

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

Got some nice hot Nicaraguan medium in the coffee pot. Teas du jour are English Breakfast and Raspberry Royale. Fresh lemonade and iced tea are in the fridge and hot water is ready for other teas or hot chocolate.

Have a great weekend, y'all!!

Cool gif!

Hey all. We are back from Okie-homa. The clouds threatened to swamp the eclipse - we saw the first 15 minutes, then nothing but clouds for nearly an hour, but minutes before totality the clouds parted. REALLY spectacular stuff. I think the clouds made it even more dramatic.

The road trip was nice too, though got a bit long by the end. I really love that part of the country - even the Texas parts smile. I derive deep comfort from the food and the accents and the culture.

I hope all is well. Acupuncture today! I'm psyched!

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by verbal
but minutes before totality the clouds parted

Just in time, eh.

Yeah, I may not like the politics down there but love the food. Need to get back down there someday. I was in Houston many years ago for a conference and haven't been since.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi folks

It's been a busy week . Took a little vacation to St George utah to explore some historical buildings and then a little day trip to Las Vegas to explore .

First one in so I got the coffee going and the teas are brewing .... today's coffee is cafe du monde coffee and the tea is Raspberry and red rose.

Today's cookies are las vegas themed cookies : welcome to fabulous las vegas sign ,poker chips, playing cards, slot machine

giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats

*emptying out the cookie crumbs from the bunny cookie jar and filling the glass cookie jar to the tippy top with fresh cookies.

Pouring a large mug of coffee

Off to do laundry and housework silly

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by DenimAngel

Took a little vacation to St George utah

Went through there on my trip to Utah in 2018 (man, has it been that long?). Nice place.

Good afternoon, since Sara's done all the setup work, I'll just enjoy a raspberry tea and some playing cards (cookies, that is, not actual ones).

Contemplating a break from writing. I know I'll still write stuff compulsively but a break from actively, seriously trying to write. And try to read more. My creative batteries seem to need a recharge and re-engaging with reading might be the ticket.

Carey’d away.
0 likes

I've legit written more in the last week or so while listening to my Tommy than I have in the last year.

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Empty ----I guess everyone has gone on holiday.

Concluding chapter (16) of THE HIGH AND THE HUMBLE in situ.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Nah, just a nice weekend, I think. And not sure if Verbs is home yet. Maybe the eclipse monster ate them. 😜

Meanwhile, I've whipped up some nice Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, Assam and Scottish Breakfast teas, and refilled the cold drinks. And for no reason other than I'm in a good mood, here's a pecan pie.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Yes, I’m back, no eclipse monsters. The eclipse and accompanying road trip were Big Fun!

I have galleys to proof today (!!!) for a story com out first week of May! So that’s fun. Talia is leaving in a couple days to visit her Mom, so that’s not fun. But at least I have baseball season to distract me. Mets are playing some pretty good ball! (Sorry Red.)

That’s a mighty fine looking pie Ape. Have you tried writing a flash or micro to break the writer’s block? Or is it more like writer’s ennui?

Looking forward to reading your poem Elyse. It’s been crazy busy here!

Coffee and a cookie please. Seize the carp!

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

I promise to use fewer exclamation points next post. That last one had 11!

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Quote by Cora

This past Saturday I had a bad seizure in my leg and I fell, hitting the kitchen tile face first. I was in a terrible amount of pain and am still sporting a swollen black eye. I had a couple rough days and here I am. It still hurts to chew or touch the surrounding area. I've been resting mostly. I think I'm going to take a short break from SS. Who knows? I'll be back tomorrow. I just wanted to keep you all in the loop.

I've been away for a few days so I missed this. I hope you are feeling much better now, Ellie. Big Hugs. 🤗🫂

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Story Moderator
0 likes

I think it's time for lemonade. It was 86 degrees today. I'm not ready for heat; at least it's not humid yet. The warmer weather is great for all my new plantings, so I can't complain too much. The backyard wedding is a little over two weeks away. It's going to be interesting since we do not speak any German, and my daughter-in-law's parents do not speak English. Fortunately, my son, his wife, and her sister can translate for us. I'm a bit stressed.

I hope everyone survived Monday. Cheers.

Crazy old ape
1 like

My in-laws couldn't come over for our wedding but we would have had the same issue. The family members who did come spoke enough English to manage.

Coffee is on. Went with a nice, basic Columbian dark roast. Yay, Juan Valdez!!

Teapots are filled up with English Breakfast and Russian Caravan.

I see the cold drinks are starting to get some use so I've mixed up fresh iced tea and lemonade along with restocking the sodas.

Hot water is available for teas or, if anyone still drinks it in April, hot chocolate.

So come on in! We're ready fer ya!

Kaiju-adjacent
1 like

Survived Monday.

Acupuncture day today! I’m psyched! Almost good as therapy day.

Other than that, not much going on. We’ve had beautiful weather lately, perfect for walking. Writing is going well. Mets are playing good ball. What’s not to like?

I’d love a coffee. And one of Sara’s cookies!

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Series of rapid dizzy spells lasting only ten seconds each had me being hurried to the hospital for check-up. After several hours wait, much questioning, and a brain scan (when all they found was a tired, over-used old brain) , not having any repeat of the dizziness I was allowed to return home and now remain relatively normal. One thing I did learn after years of emergency treatments, is that if you are merely a "check-up" then waiting is part of the treatment, Arrival at hospital 3.00pm---return home 2.00am. Patience is essential., Although better safe than sorry is a useful maxim.

A hot chocolate and one of Sara's cookies would be most acceptable.

Crazy old ape
1 like

Quote by redwriter
Arrival at hospital 3.00pm---return home 2.00am.

If it makes you feel better, Canadian ERs are like that, too. My son once waited 13 hours for stitches.

Good morning, world! Wet here. Showers and periods of rain through until the weekend. But I am getting my winter tires off since it seems that the cold wet stuff is done with us.

Putting on some Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee. Form the tea crowd we have Scottish Breakfast and Original Earl Grey.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by redwriter

Series of rapid dizzy spells lasting only ten seconds each had me being hurried to the hospital for check-up. After several hours wait, much questioning, and a brain scan (when all they found was a tired, over-used old brain) , not having any repeat of the dizziness I was allowed to return home and now remain relatively normal. One thing I did learn after years of emergency treatments, is that if you are merely a "check-up" then waiting is part of the treatment, Arrival at hospital 3.00pm---return home 2.00am. Patience is essential., Although better safe than sorry is a useful maxim.

A hot chocolate and one of Sara's cookies would be most acceptable.

Headline: Scan of Red’s Brain Reveals Nothing!

Sorry, Red, that’s an old Dizzy Dean joke. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Acupuncture went well. Who knew I would become an acupuncture junkie?

Mets won again. Day game today, but I won’t be watching. Talia laves today for a week or so. Wah. The cats and I will be bacheloring it up with Taco Bell and bad monster movies and baseball games. I might buy them some special cat treats to make it through the week.

Coffee and a beignet, if any of those are still lying around.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by verbal
Who knew I would become an acupuncture junkie?

My resident artist on Wondercafe2 swears by it and alternative medicine in general. She's got some kind of chronic fatigue thing that mainsteam medicine hasn't been able to treat. You should change your board name to "Pincushion" and use Pinhead from Hellraiser as your avatar.🤣

Quote by verbal
The cats and I will be bacheloring it up with Taco Bell and bad monster movies and baseball games.

Talia: I'm leaving! Bye!

Cats:

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by JustAnotherSapphic

I've legit written more in the last week or so while listening to my Tommy than I have in the last year.

This might be of interest (not sure how much of it you already know). Some Tom Petty trivia. Like the fact that he appeared 8 times as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live. Or that when The Heartbreakers original drummer left in 1994, the first offer to replace him went to Dave Grohl (this was just after Kurt's death put an end to Nirvana). Grohl drummed for the band on an SNL appearance but turned down the offer.

26 Little-Known Facts About Tom Petty (msn.com)

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Hey, hey, good morning, happy day!

That's a new song I'm going to write. Guaranteed hit. It will be done as melodic death metal. 😲

😜

Okay, no. Sounds more like some kind of chipper pop tune or maybe old-fashioned rock and roll (I'm hearing a lively 50s dance tune a la Bill Haley and the Comets there).

We's gots coffee, Kicking Horse 454 Horsepower Dark Roast. And we's gots tea, too. Russian Caravan and Canadian Breakfast. There's hot water for other hot beverage and I've washed and refilled the cold drinks.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Good morning, everyone.

My eye isn't fully healed but I'm near close to full recovery. Thank you to those of you who sent well wishes.

I hope you're feeling better, Red. Dizziness is not fun. I've had horrible bouts of it in the past due to medication toxicity. In college I was in the hospital for several days because of it. Dizziness can be scary, at least for me, but I'm glad you're well enough to write here. It seems everyone else is in good spirits which I'm grateful for.

I hope you all have a beautiful day. ❤️

Splendor

Dream On competition; dream, imagine, peace

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Glad you are on the mend, Cora. I trust Red is recovering nicely as well.

Me, I had acupuncture yesterday, and therapy today! I’ll be good as new soon. Well, probably not.

I’ll have some Kicking Horse please.

First full No Talia day. Sigh. The cats are looking at me with accusatory glances. She’ll be back soon, I swear! Kitties? I promise…. Hey, put down that cat scr…. Fighfhccjxjxsmsjt

Crazy old ape
0 likes

And in breaking news:

A man in Colorado is apparently being held hostage by his cats. Their demands include his wife's immediate return and a year's supply of catnip.

😋

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Cora
My eye isn't fully healed but I'm near close to full recovery.

Glad to hear. Take it easy and get thyself well.

I've had dizziness. The classic is the night I passed out in my son's room. Had just started on BP meds and I guess I wasn't used to having my BP artificially lowered yet. Got dizzy, then fainted.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Strange thing was that dizzyness was so brief and soon passed, and happily has not returned. I know not everyone is that lucky. Like you, Verbal, I found acupuncture most helpful and espeially when it was caried out by a vivacious oriental lady. I'm so glad you're on the bend, Cora.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Good morning! Anyone else notice there's a comp banner up on the front page? No announcement post yet but it's there and links to a comp page. Awaiting Molly's official announcement before I say more.

Putting on some Tobermory Flowerpot Island coffee. Teas are Red Rose and Cream of Earl Grey.