PT for SS..

last reply
11 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Whenever we suffer aches and pains or recover from surgery, we put ourselves through physical therapy to get back to our old selves. Stories Space needs physical therapy. We have gone through a lot of changes. Lost some good members. Been divided by principles and our inability to look past them. We've locked ourselves into patterns and routines that have taken the joy and pleasure away from being conjoined members of the Stories Space family.

I'm as guilty as everyone. I read and comment in spurts and flashes, just like I write. I want to change that. I want to be a better member and a better friend to all of you. In order to do that, I would like to offer some ideas for your consideration. Realizing that we all have lives outside of the internet, none of my ideas is meant to be set in stone, but merely an attempt to alter the patterns and routines we have fallen into.

1. Whenever you go online in SS, try to read/comment/rate the posted work of at least 3 different authors, and not just your favorite authors.

2. When you submit new work and it gets posted, try to read/comment/rate the author above you and below you.

3. Whenever you go online in SS, try to comment on at least 3 different threads in the forum.

All of this may sound like a lot, but in reality, it could all be done in less than 30 +/- mins, excluding your own work of course.

Further comments and suggestions appreciated.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Dreamcatcher
Whenever we suffer aches and pains or recover from surgery, we put ourselves through physical therapy to get back to our old selves. Stories Space needs physical therapy. We have gone through a lot of changes. Lost some good members. Been divided by principles and our inability to look past them. We've locked ourselves into patterns and routines that have taken the joy and pleasure away from being conjoined members of the Stories Space family.

I'm as guilty as everyone. I read and comment in spurts and flashes, just like I write. I want to change that. I want to be a better member and a better friend to all of you. In order to do that, I would like to offer some ideas for your consideration. Realizing that we all have lives outside of the internet, none of my ideas is meant to be set in stone, but merely an attempt to alter the patterns and routines we have fallen into.

1. Whenever you go online in SS, try to read/comment/rate the posted work of at least 3 different authors, and not just your favorite authors.

2. When you submit new work and it gets posted, try to read/comment/rate the author above you and below you.

3. Whenever you go online in SS, try to comment on at least 3 different threads in the forum.

All of this may sound like a lot, but in reality, it could all be done in less than 30 +/- mins, excluding your own work of course.

Further comments and suggestions appreciated.

Noted. I realize that I do need to get more involved.
Thanks for the wake-up call.
LIVE every moment.
LOVE beyond words.
LAUGH everyday.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your suggestion is very good for the community. I tried doing most of that at times as long as my head can take. I will do my new routine from your list and explore some more. Thank you.

RuNe'S DooDLiNG iN THe SaNDS

My wandering crazy mind is just doodling in the sands ~ RuNe
Lurker
0 likes
That's a lovely thought, Larry.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am going to dedicate myself to trying to spend more time reading stories.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh my life ..that almost killed me to comment. I love to read and score, it is the comment part, I am lacking in. I get caught up in what I want to say, I keep typing and deleting, in the end I just give up. Phew ..I decided to tap away, not think about it, and hit save. Done and dusted. Even now, I want to go back and edit them ..now I am lying ..delete them. I am trying ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by etairay

Oh my life ..that almost killed me to comment. I love to read and score, it is the comment part, I am lacking in. I get caught up in what I want to say, I keep typing and deleting, in the end I just give up. Phew ..I decided to tap away, not think about it, and hit save. Done and dusted. Even now, I want to go back and edit them ..now I am lying ..delete them. I am trying ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

I agree... lol.. I find the comment part so difficult! I dont want to write " Thats beautiful, thank you for sharing" I want to put something that has a bit more substance and at least try to sound vaguely intelligent.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mine is, 'Loved it' which I do, and 'thank you for sharing' which I am ๐Ÿ˜Š I posted my three for today, I got a little carried away. There were too many thoughts and feelings, how do the writers do it ..meh, I'm still trying ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘ ..I've got this ..I can do it ๐Ÿ˜Š
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
As an author, any comment, even just a simple acknowledgment that it was read, would be appreciated. I don't think any of us is looking for an in-depth discussion of the story/poem.
Lurker
0 likes
I really like the blue, but at times I feel that I am spinning my wheels. Its rare that I get more that a couple comments and that disheartens me. I'm sure other writers feel the same. I don't know the answer how t solve it, but there has to some generation of interest made.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I confess, I went back to my old habit, reading and scoring, no comments. Sorry, writers!!!!
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
To me, the look and feeling of SS is blah. It needs a facelift. A new coat of paint. The cover page needs to be organized differently. An authors stories should be linked to their avatar. If a person clicks on Fuzzy (yeah, sure... that would happen!)... then all of Fuzzy's stories should come up. it would let the interested reader become more familiar with the writer.

Jus' sayin'...
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
Quote by Dreamcatcher
To me, the look and feeling of SS is blah. It needs a facelift. A new coat of paint. The cover page needs to be organized differently. An authors stories should be linked to their avatar. If a person clicks on Fuzzy (yeah, sure... that would happen!)... then all of Fuzzy's stories should come up. it would let the interested reader become more familiar with the writer.

Jus' sayin'...

Don't they? The Bio page comes up and all the stories are there...aren't they?

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana