Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Allens Last Flight

"Danger threatens his home and Allen must act quickly."

3
2 Comments 2
145 Views 145
752 words 752 words

Author's Notes

"This is based off a dream I once had. I changed the character names, and location."

I sat in the back seat of the car, my heart heavy with a mixture of awe and regret, as I gazed out at the endless expanse of farmland. The sun's golden rays bathed the countryside, creating a serene backdrop for our journey. Little did I know that this peaceful drive would soon turn into a life-altering moment.

Suddenly, a streak of movement caught my eye, jolting me out of my reverie. My breath caught in my throat as I looked up to see a missile soaring through the sky, its ominous trail pointing straight towards my beloved hometown of Regina. Panic surged through me, and I urgently nudged Krystal and Mary, pointing at the imminent danger. But before we could fully comprehend the gravity of the situation, another missile appeared on the horizon, doubling my fear and intensifying the urgency of our actions.

"Stop the car," I commanded, my voice trembling with urgency. They turned to me, their faces reflecting the shock and confusion that mirrored my own.

"Why, Allen? What's wrong?" Krystal asked, her voice tinged with worry.

My heart pounded in my chest as I repeated my plea, desperation lacing every word. "Please, stop the car."

Sensing the gravity of the situation, Mary swiftly pulled over to the side of the road. It was in that moment, with regret weighing heavy on my heart, that I seized the opportunity to reveal my secret to Krystal. My voice quivered with remorse as I spoke, "I'm sorry, Krystal. I should have told you my secret."

Confusion and concern danced in her eyes as she reached out to touch my cheek, searching for answers. "What secret, Allen? What are you talking about?"

Without another word, I leaned in and kissed her, pouring all my love and regret into that fleeting moment. It was a heartbreaking farewell, a testament to the missed opportunities and unspoken truths that plagued our relationship.

With a heavy heart, I stepped out of the car, my mind swirling with a mix of emotions. The wind whipped against my face as I soared towards the missile, adrenaline coursing through my veins. Regret gnawed at me, knowing that I had hidden my extraordinary abilities from Krystal, my confidante and partner. But there was no time to dwell on the past; our city needed saving.

With a sharp punch to the missile's nose, it exploded, violently propelling me into a dizzying free fall. Panic clawed at my chest, threatening to consume me, but I fought against it, steadying myself with flight. Determination burned within me as I set my sights on intercepting the second missile hurtling toward Regina.

In a blur of motion, I closed the distance between myself and the deadly projectile, wrapping my arms around it and guiding it upwards. The air grew thin, my consciousness slipping away as darkness engulfed my senses. Everything went black.

----------


The impact of Allen's fall had left a gaping hole in the ground, a physical representation of the sacrifice he had made for our city and our loved ones. Standing at the edge of the crater, tears streamed down my face, mingling with a potent mixture of grief and relief. I ran towards him, dropping to my knees and cradling his lifeless body, my prayers a desperate plea for his return.

His eyes fluttered open, filled with uncertainty and vulnerability. "Did I do it, Krystal? Did it work?" I gently brushed a strand of hair from his forehead, my voice trembling with a mixture of grief and gratitude. "Yes, Allen. Everyone is safe. You saved us all." A faint smile flickered on his lips before his eyes closed for the last time, his sacrifice etching itself into the fabric of our lives.

The city, recognizing Allen's selfless act of heroism, erected a magnificent statue in his honor. People from all corners of the globe flocked to pay tribute to the man who had become known as "The World's First Superhero." But to me, he would always be just Allen - the man who loved me unconditionally, the man who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our home.

As I stood before the statue, overwhelmed by a surge of emotions, I whispered, my voice barely audible amidst the weight of my grief, "Thank you, Allen, for showing us the true meaning of courage and love." In that moment, I knew that while Allen's physical presence may have left us, his spirit would forever live on in the hearts of those he had touched.

Published 
Written by Rehndal
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments