Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Desire of the Samurai Chapter 2

"Marriage was the last thing on her mind. Marriage was what he thought of all the time."

1
1 Comment 1
1.0k Views 1.0k
1.2k words 1.2k words

While having breakfast, no one dared to speak. It was always practiced in the Sakuraba household. At a young age, the Sakuraba children were taught to have proper etiquette. Apparently, their ancestors practiced discipline at all times.

After their quiet breakfast, Genjiro decided to broke the silence.

 

“You seem to have something in your mind, Aikasa. What is it?”

Contemplating, Aikasa answered, “Father, I was accepted on that prestigious university I was talking about” Aikasa looked at his father straight on the eyes, gauging his reaction. He stared back at her.

“I don’t know if I’m going to be happy or mad about this decision of yours. If you would ask me, I’d rather you stay in our household and follow our tradition. But knowing you, you won’t be satisfied with that. Does Kenji know about this?”

Aikasa gulped. “I do have a plan to tell him, father but I don’t think I can do it right now. Perhaps some other time.” she reluctantly answered.

"Why do it later when you can do it now?” Genjiro asked while lifting his right eyebrow.

“I’m just waiting for the right time, father. You know how Kenji is. He will not take this news kindly,” Aikasa explained, glancing occasionally at her family.

“Whether he will take it kindly or not, you must tell him. He has every right to know. Don’t keep him hanging if you have plans on leaving him in the near future,” Genjiro said sternly.

Hai, Otou-sama. I understand.” Aikasa nodded.

Her father nodded and got up. He made his way out of the dining room. Her mother just gave her a sympathetic smile and also got up, used plates on her hands. Her brothers just tapped her on the shoulder and assured that all was going to be fine. And that Kenji was an understanding man and will take the news easily.

Aikasa knew they didn’t have a say on this because what her father said a while ago was right. It’s for her and Kenji’s own good and it was the honorable thing to do.

Preventing the tears from pouring out of her eyes, she helped her mother on the dishes and go to her room. She took a cold bath and made herself presentable. She picked up the book she was reading a few days now and made her way out of their house; taking the easiest route to her favorite place.

The place was so relaxing. Whenever she felt lonely and needs solitude, she would just run here and took her solace. The place was very dear to her. It had witnessed the ups and downs of her life. She’ll be missing this place when she leaves. The thought of leaving caused a sharp pain in her heart but at the same, she can already feel the excitement.

She was here to have a piece of mind and think of ways on how she would tell Kenji about her nearing departure. Knowing Kenji for a very long time, she knows that he would not take it easy. She was very certain that there will be conflicts. And worst of it all, Kenji might despise her.

Upon reaching the place, Aikasa comfortably laid on the large swing and continued reading the book. The book was heartbreaking to the point that it already made her cry several times. She can somehow relate to it. It talks about heartbreaks and betrayal. She concentrated on reading it until she dozed off into a deep slumber.

***

Kenji saw her on the swing under the big willow tree. He knew he would find her here of all places. This was where she finds her peace of mind whenever she’s having a hard time.

“Maybe there’s something bothering her right now,” he muttered. He remained standing there, admiring her. The way she breathes told him she was sleeping.

Innocence was one of the reasons why Kenji fell for Aikasa. She’s shy but also a fireball when she’s mad. She would put people in their rightful place when they decided to mess with her. She’s a spitfire.

Kenji thought that he probably sounded whipped right now but he really didn’t give a damn. He loves her and he couldn’t believe that he was going to marry her at last.

He’s been waiting for so long for her to become a fully grown woman and now that she did, he couldn’t wait to make her his.

Aikasa didn’t have any idea that he was coming over tonight and he wanted to surprise her. He already had a talk with his father last night. He told him that he wanted to marry Aikasa and he was so glad about it. He knew that she’s still studying but he wanted to be sure that no one’s lurking around what’s his. His thoughts were cut short by her sudden movements.

Aikasa had already woken up savoring the sight in front of her. Kenji took his time approaching her. Thinking that maybe he would just ruin her solace if he did.

“I knew you’d be here,” Kenji murmured.

Aikasa’s body tensed and he smiled to himself knowing that his presence still affects her. She turned around to face him.

Aikasa’s eyes gone wide upon seeing him. Kenji wondered why she was acting so surprised.

“How are you?” he asked her.

She just scowled at him and looked away. He shook his head in amusement and smiled at her.

“Hey… what’s the matter?” Kenji asked Aikasa softly.

Aikasa just shook her head and stared at the ground fiddling with her hands.

“What’s bothering you?” he asked her once more.

“Nothing. I was just thinking about the book I read a while ago.”

Lie.

Kenji can tell that Aikasa’s not telling the truth but let it slide because obviously, she didn’t want to talk about it.

“How are you?” Aikasa finally asked.

“I’m good.” He smiled at her but she just looked away. He felt agitated. Kenji was curious to know why Aikasa was acting this way because it’s not likely her. She likes to look at his eyes whenever they were talking.

“Why don't you look at me? Is something the matter? You know you can always tell me right?” He assured her but she didn’t say a word.

Aikasa just remained there standing while looking past at him. Kenji moved closer and hug Aikasa to his chest. They stayed like that for a while, her, hugging him back and him, kissing her hair.

“If you want to talk about it remember that I’m here, okay? Always will be.” She nodded and snuggled further on him.

“What brings you here?” She looked at him and stepped back.

“My father and your father have important matters that need to be discussed.” He looked at her lovingly.

“And what would their talk be all about?” raising her right eyebrow, Aikasa asked.

“Aren’t you a pretty little nosy one?” he teased her.

“No, I am not! So.. what would their talk be all about? Come on, just tell me!” she asked impatiently.

“Well… they are planning our marriage of course,” Kenji said while grinning at her.

 

 

Published 
Written by FrustratedSpeaker
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments