Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Part One

"Part one of the story"

3
3 Comments 3
1.3k Views 1.3k
598 words 598 words

Dead trees over encumbered with snow surrounded the frozen lake. He loomed over her. His black cellular robes covered his face as if he didn't have one.

She stared blankly into his gaping hole.

"Accompany me" he hissed as he extended a claw.

Lifting her hand to his, she walked alongside him. Her first step on the ice, she could swear she could almost feel a chill creep up her spine.

Before she could dwell on this, he grasped her hand. The shrouded man led her across the lake. The lower edges of her white dress were grimy with dead leaves and snow.

They crossed the lake in silence. When they almost got to the southern edge of the lake, he let go of her hand and kneeled down on the ice.

"Stand very still" he growled.

She granted his demand watching attentively as he brushed the snow away to reveal the surface covered in ice.

From his robe, he pulled a mirror embellished with black pearls. He faced in towards the patch. A purple ray of light turned the ice into a portal.

Her eyes widened, she wanted to run. Alas, they were in the middle of nowhere.

He stood up, looming over her. "Enter," he said firmly.

She looked back longing for a simpler time. In her head, she said goodbye, not knowing if she would ever return. She felt strongly about doing what she thought was right. Before she angered her companion, she stepped through the portal.  

On the other side of the portal, her feet touched wet sand. She was walking on the ocean floor. She held her breath afraid to drown until the man behind her gave her the okay to breathe. It was as if the water was made from liquid oxygen. 

The water colored amethyst and as she peered up she could see a school of blue stripe snapper fish. The light from the surface made them glisten.

"Go" his harsh voice startling her.

Swept up by her surroundings, she failed to notice a set of stairs made from the purple water. Uncertainly, she lifted her foot to the surface of the first stair. Even though it was made of water, it was strong enough to hold her weight. It washed away the sand on her feet with every step she took. Climbing higher and higher, the light from the surface serving like a beacon.

When they emerged from the sea, the sand was maroon yet cool.

Touching her raven hair, she realized she was completely dry. Her once grimy dress had returned to the pristine white it once was.

On the west side of the seashore was a hut made from local vegetation. In front of their shelter lay a fire pit with large black stones encompassing it. The man knelt down by the firewood and blew on it conjuring a fire.

She sat down by the fire confused. What seemed like fire didn't give off heat but an icy breeze. Refreshing and relieving the harsh intensity of the sun.

The man disrobed to reveal a woman. She wore tan breeches and a black silk long-sleeved shirt. Her long glossy blonde hair swayed in the wind.

"It wasn't liquid oxygen exactly, its fluorocarbon saturated in oxygen if you will. That's the best I can describe the oceans here, I know you must have a lot of questions, but I am famished" she spoke casually her voice as smooth as old scotch.

The woman in the pale dress stood up firmly "I only have one question right now, who are you?"   

 

Published 
Written by SilverJaye
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments