Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
A Random Moment, Part 20: Amy and Gloria Talk

"Are the answers just more questions?"

2
2 Comments 2
1.7k Views 1.7k
936 words 936 words
As Gloria pulled into her driveway, she dreaded the conversation which was to follow. Amy was talking to her as if nothing had happened, but everyone was aware that something was going on. Gloria only had a faint idea, but it was enough to make her suspicious.

“Amy, come in, have a seat. Can I get you anything?” Gloria offered.

“No, I’m fine, let’s just get to talking, shall we?”

“Business, eh?”

“Something like that.”

A chill came through the room and Amy’s face changed.

“You lot are all so trusting, aren’t you?” She cackled.

“Huh, you’re not Amy!” Gloria smiled.

“Damned right, I’m not!”

The girl started casting a spell, but it was blocked.

“What the hell?” She yelled.

“Seriously, you didn’t think Steig could get the better of us so easily, did you? This place is a sanctuary, no harmful spells can be cast! Are you that stupid? That’s who sent you, right?”

“I can still do this!” She shouted, as she morphed into her true form.

Gloria took a seat and watched on as every single spell the demon girl tried to cast was blocked.

“Sanctuary, remember?” Gloria laughed.

The demon went back to her human visage and sat down.

“I’ll get you back!” She ranted.

“Mmhm,” Gloria brushed it off, thumbing through the latest edition of the evening paper, “tell you what, get your arse back to Steig, tell him you failed, I’m sure he’ll enjoy listening to your amateur mistake. He'll probably wanna punish you in some way. He's a cruel man, you know, his punishment isn't going to be very pleasant.”

“You have to leave the house sometime, I will get you!”

“Will you? Well, if we are mortal enemies, at least tell me your name,” Gloria demanded.

“What? Are you trying to be friends with me?”

“Not in the slightest, but perhaps it would be best if I had a name to go with that face, you know, your real face, not that poor excuse for a disguise.”

“Fine, I’m Lynette.”

“Lynette, nice name. Now piss off and got another face! Amy’s does not suit you, bitch,” Gloria waved her hand and banished Lynette.

“Stupid bitch!” Lynette laughed, though crestfallen.

Gloria picked up the phone and called Rufus. She warned him of Lynette and told him to cast the Ritgom spell. She talked him through it, then decided it was time for bed.

“Rufus, I think Steig has Amy, but I’ll tell you about it tomorrow. Just get some rest for now, okay?”

“Yes, mum. Goodnight. I love you,” Rufus said.

“I love you too.”

Rufus told Claire and Cynthia about Amy.

“So, that wasn’t Amy?” Claire asked.

“No. I knew there was something not right with her, but I wasn’t sure what,” Rufus scratched his head.

“Her essence seemed wrong, didn’t it?” Cynthia asked.

“Huh?” Claire and Rufus said, almost in unison.

“I’ve been reading up. Looks like I’ll have to get used to the arts, if we’re tasked with fighting all manner of ghosts and ghouls,” she giggled.

After a slight conversation and some nervous giggling, Rufus excused himself and went to bed, Cynthia in tow.

“Bloody hell, it’s been ages since we got a night to ourselves, hasn’t it?” Cynthia sighed.

“Yeah, I’m missing you,” he giggled, a glint in his eye.

Rufus planted a kiss on Cynthia and held her close. Undressing her, he kissed her all over, top to bottom. His clothes were next to come off and he looked deep into Cynthia’s eyes as he made love to her.

“I love you,” he moaned.

“I love you too,” Cynthia moaned back.

Claire sat in her room, blankets up to her neck, listening to Rufus and Cynthia making love.

“Damn, I wish I had someone,” she sighed, “maybe I’ll see if I can find some bint.”

A strange feeling came over Claire and she began to play with herself as she heard Rufus and Cynthia moaning together, their bed springs creaking.

“At least the clanking and moaning isn’t from a ghost!” Claire giggled.

When they awoke in the morning, Rufus and Cynthia were bouncing about. They seemed re-invigorated.

“Hey Claire, hope we didn’t disturb you last night,” Cynthia giggled as Rufus tickled her.

“No, I was fine,” Claire blushed.

A giggle filled the room as they all laughed, knowing what Claire had been up to.

“Well, then... Cuppa tea?” Rufus giggled.

Rufus made the tea and whistled to himself. He seemed much happier, but everyone could tell there was something on his mind. His front was difficult to see through, if you didn’t know him. Putting the tray on the table, he took his seat and sipped his morning cuppa. Cynthia grabbed the morning paper from the letter box and read intently.

“Huh, did you know the Mayor got burglarised?”

“No, when did that happen?” Claire asked.

“Ten last night,” Cynthia answered, smiling a little.

“Wow. Anything of value taken?” Asked Rufus.

“Couple of trinkets, nothing too noteworthy. Anyone want?” Cynthia asked as she held out the paper.

“I’ll have it,” Rufus took the paper and kissed Cynthia on the cheek.

“Cool, I’m off for a shower, be back soon!” Cynthia giggled.

Rufus browsed the paper and sighed at the boring news.

“Meh, bunch of rot happening,” he huffed, “wait, hang on, what’s this?” His eyes widened at the mention of a name.

“Rufus? What is it?” Claire asked, panicked.

“Steig,” he said... 
Published 
Written by Circle_Something
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments