Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Chapter One: Arrival

"The first chapter to an untitled story based off my dream... (or... nightmare)"

6
7 Comments 7
1.3k Views 1.3k
263 words 263 words
Before you get all excited like I'm going to tell you juicy details of a cruise gone wrong — chill. It was not a cruise ship, it was a ferry.

We were actually heading to an island a few miles out from that one — a normal island. The ferry driver decided to check out what was in the mist, so instead of continuing straight forward he shifted left a touch. (I suspect he was new and naive and had never heard about the suspicions and stories about the mist... idiot).

Now, this next part I only know because of what the others told me around the dinner fire... I was inside at the time.

The boat went through the mist and as soon as it touched the water on the other side, it started melting. Nobody would go into the gruesome details, but by the time we made it to land, half our group was in the water. The other half, including me as I'm told, could only watch in horror as their bodies were eaten up by the acid, and any hope we had of getting out disappeared with the last scrap of the boat.

Now you're probably wondering why I don't recall watching that either. I was watching, so I should remember it, right? Well, I was watching, but here's the thing — sometimes people who witness traumatic events black them out. I believe that's what I did.

I do personally remember everything after that day though, so why don't we move on to...

***Coming Soon- Chapter Two: Settling In (Well, Sort Of)***

Published 
Written by Colors_of_the_Wind
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments