Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Hide and seek with a devil

15
13 Comments 13
1.8k Views 1.8k
300 words 300 words
The dim light from outside the window seeped through the slots of the closet door. I stifled my breath and held back the tears that burned my face. Heavy footsteps were heard on the other side if the door. He looked for me, his next target. Tears blinded me as he passed into my room, his gun reflecting the light.

I pressed my back against the wall, letting the coats and jackets conceal me. The door opened in a flash then quickly slammed shut again. The heavy footsteps quickly receded down the hall.

Hesitantly, I opened the door and peered down the hall, beyond my bedroom door. I got down on my hands and knees and crawled to the window. I moved slowly up to the window seal and placed my shaking hands on the lock.

It clicked open, my heart stopped for a moment. Dreading the fact my fears amplified the sound to a vase shattering on the ground. I struggled to find my strength as I pushed the glass up.

My whole body shook now, and my heart thundered inside my chest. I climbed up and stuck my legs out over the ledge. I felt dizzy staring down from the second floor of my house. The yard was clear, and the only place for me to land safely was the shrubs directly below.

I closed my eyes, and wiped away the tears on my face. Releasing my breath, I slid off the ledge and landed in the shrubs. The twigs and leaves tangled in my hair and clothes. I struggled to escape its grasp, trying to remain as quiet as I could, as quickly as I could.

I broke free and struggled to my feet.

A hand clamped over my mouth and held me firm.

"There you are..."
Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments