Find your next favourite story now
Login

EC
The Call

"look for a way for help.."

0
5 Comments 5
1.5k Views 1.5k
287 words 287 words
Please know that this in the flash-fiction section. These things happen. Please remember to have hope and hold on for one second at a time, find a way to cope. There is always a way.

I picked up the knife to see how sharp it was. I know how to do this. I have seen it many times. One clean slice and no one will know.

My thoughts started to run to you, our dreams, our fears and the way our life connected.

"Where did I go wrong? What did I do?"

You knew it would be hard. You promised you would wait for me. That you would run to me. I have read your words over so many times that I know them by heart. You know how strong we were. You know how strong we made each other. It was complete.

"Do not think. Just do it," I say out loud, as I hold the knife and turn it around slowly.

I see how the blade shines so bright. I know that will not be for long. I hold it so close. I know pain so well. I almost welcome it. I feel the burn of the tip and as blood starts to flow. I know I took care of everything. I tied up all loose ends. All my work will be over. Sleep will come.

I hear my cell phone.

"Why did I not turn it off?"

I fear that I have lost my edge and I need you so. Taking a deep breath and turning around, I put a smile on my face as I reach for my cell phone.

"He will fix the unfixable. He will come for me, just in time."

Published 
Written by maryruth
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments