Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Penguin says...

"Live your dreams"

18
21 Comments 21
1.4k Views 1.4k
274 words 274 words
Recommended Read

A penguin walks into a local little dive bar. The neon sign in the window didn't just flash “open” like most. She blinked as it flashed "Dirty Martini served here.” It was 4:20pm when she climbed up on the empty barstool and placed her most prized possession, a battered guitar case that held a Gibson Les Paul guitar, on the stool beside her.

She had inherited the guitar from an unknown source. It came in the mail with a note attached that read, "Play it well and keep the dream alive." She scratched her head in confusion that day, wondering about its magical history. I know it's funny that a penguin would inherit anything.

She waved the bartender over and ordered a dirty martini, a first for her. Normally she didn't drink, but a martini just felt right for the night. She finished her drink and moved to a corner booth with the case. The bar was getting crowded for a Thursday night. She sat back with her pen and paper, thinking about what to write but decided just to watch the crowd to see what the party was all about.

She didn't know the person the referred to as Dirty Martini and felt like she was intruding till someone came over and asked about the battered case on the table before her. She pulled out the guitar lovingly and the person looked at it and smiled. 

People pulled out all different years of Gibson Les Paul guitars and started playing his favorite songs and drinking dirty martinis to celebrate a dear friend’s memory. A person she wished she had crossed paths with.

 

 

Published 
Written by DenimAngel
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments