Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Full Circle-The Defining Moment

"Wake up call"

8
7 Comments 7
888 Views 888
457 words 457 words
I sat alone in the dark, staring blindly at the rain. Wondering if I am truly insane. I always go to that park to watch those shadows in the dark. I question if you still love me and blame you for all that I see. That person in the mirror surely isn’t me. Can it be? No. That woman is not me. I can no longer feel the rain, pounding, and running through my hair. I can only sit and stare at the shadows dancing over there. I am no longer aware if I care, or what is real. And I’ve wasted so much time. It has been far too long, that I have been here sitting, and thinking. Writing this silly love song. It feels all wrong.

Words lose power when not spoken, never heard, and never read. They are simply thoughts that stay with you alone, at night, in bed. Then suddenly I realized, I’d been at that park too long. Reality hits, but I’m still humming that song. My face is soaked with rain and with tears. My soul is hot with spite, my blood boiling with fears. It has been a year since I’ve felt you near. And I miss you, my dear.

My insecurities became my defenses, but in those moments, I came to my senses. Standing before you, shaking, and staring at the floor. This is it. I know it. We can’t do this anymore. And then a single word was heard. From your lips, it was said. “Angel”. And with that, I lifted up my head. I looked deep into your eyes. I felt hopeless and full of fear. My heart nearly shattered, when I saw tear after tear. You pulled me near and held me so close. I have missed my best friend. The one I love the most.

Words cannot begin to describe those things I felt that night that we again became one. But it only took a single word, my name, to be spoken. To be fully heard. To feel what is real and has never gone away. To know why we went through this. To remember what makes us stay. And now we see what happens when we only think and feel and forget what to say. I love you. I need you. I miss my best friend. Every. Single. Day.

Walking hand in hand, completely heart to heart, we agree again to face those fears together and not let it tear us apart. It’s a start, and I know how long it took to get to this place and that time will never erase, those things that I felt that night, watching tears roll down your face.

Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments