Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Universal Shredder

2
1 Comment 1
676 Views 676
177 words 177 words

Author's Notes

"Dedicated to anyone whoever has played guitar in a basement ,a garage band or played alone in their bedroom."

This shredder is actually a long- term friend and bandmate of mine named Bruce.  He doesn’t describe himself as a shredder but rather a good hack. I have used artistic license to call him a shredder instead because it is not so complimentary to call someone a hack.

He has played in numerous alternative campus rock pop-punk bands. Once, at Christmas time, his band was asked to play a Christmas carol. They came on stage. The audience sat in silence because the guitar was so loud and thrashy that the Christmas carol was unrecognizable. Finally, when the guitar solo ended, the vocal became audible. When the singer sang “Hark the Herald, “ the audience started to laugh. 

This was just as memorable as the  Halloween gig when Bruce suctioned two devil horns onto each side of his forehead. I don’t know how he got those horns off, but they sure stood out. Bruce has since moved on to be a freelance journalist and documentary maker but he usually leaves his guiatar at home. Usually. 

 

Written January 28, 2020

 

 

Published 
Written by Adrienne
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments