Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
But Really, I Adore You

"He and I stopped being friends, and I needed to vent. Title taken from the song Starring Role."

3
3 Comments 3
1.4k Views 1.4k
267 words 267 words
I ignore you so painfully obviously that it's almost like I'm screaming out how much attention I'm actually paying you.

Every turn I make, every single step I take is carefully calculated to be in the opposite direction you're going.

Every turn of my gaze is towards where I know your eyes won't meet mine, and every breath that escapes my mouth leaves my body with the hope that it doesn't mingle with the air around you.

I have to be aware of all of your moves and anticipate your every turn and feel you with every cell in my body, just so I can pretend I'm not doing all these things, because to let you know how much of you is still present in my life would be to destroy myself.

And I can't let that happen, because you already had your turn at my destruction and left broken pieces behind and I don't think I can take many more of these crippling blows.

I hate you.

I hate that I still interact with you every single passing minute, in a way. I hate that I miss you, and I hate that your life is perfect right now, and I hate that you have the audacity to seem happy without me.

I hope it's secretly as hard for you as it is for me and I hope you never talk to me again and I hope that it hurts because you ruined everything and but I made it worse and I want it to stay that way.

Go fuck yourself, really.

But... think of me, sometimes.

Published 
Written by palela
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments