Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Canada Food

9
10 Comments 10
1.1k Views 1.1k
204 words 204 words

"My Uncle Patrick is in Canada," one young boy announced to me on Friday. I was on outside duty that afternoon and it was rather quiet, so I was standing on one of the boxes that the kids can climb up and then slide down, blowing bubbles for the few interested children. It was mostly the 2 and 3-year-olds that cared, while some of the older children, especially the boys, shrugged and ran off to find something else to do. They could care less about the teacher and her bubbles.  

"Is he?" I asked. "What is he doing in Canada?"

"Eating food. I saw pictures of it on the gram."

"The gram?...........Oh, you mean Instagram," I said. The young boy climbed up next to me and sat down in the available space on the little ledge. 

"What sort of food do they have in Canada?" I asked, thinking that the question was fairly innocuous and innocent. 

This kid looked up at me, as if I were an idiot and said "Canada food," and then made a face that said 'get a load of this guy'

Oh of course, silly me. Why did I not think of that? People in Canada eat Canada food. Duh. 



 

Published 
Written by LauraDanielle
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments