Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Creative Process... Or Something.

"I just kinda started rambling."

3
1 Comment 1
1.4k Views 1.4k
952 words 952 words
Cannonball! I’m going faster than one. Slowly walking down the hall. Can I say this? It isn’t a direct quote from Oasis, but, if you’ve heard the song, you’ll know it. If you don’t, it’s called Champagne Supernova. I know the laws. They are stupid. Let’s face it, the only reason bands release albums. No, wait, I’m wrong. Can I start again? Good. It’s my musing, I can do what I want! Right, one of the reasons bands release albums is to get recognised, but the main reason, as I have been told, is to get the music companies rich. Okay, that makes sense to me. They need to pay their publishers and such, that’s cool. What isn’t cool is that they get so very little profit from it. Granted, most creative people (yes, I’m using an umbrella term, I figure the whole publishing industry is the same)... Uh, forgot where I was. Yes, most creative people create because they HAVE to. Not because they are under pressure, but because if they don’t, they go insane. It is true. I was a basket case before I started writing, and I know a lot of people who would say that not writing would make them go nutty(er). I’d agree.

I lost my flow. Uh, right, copyright and law and all that crap. Well, here’s a thing. My friend (well sort of friend) Div, is in a band called Psyko Dalek(look ‘em up, they’re great!), and he said that he doesn’t give a fuck... No wait, it was Raymo that said that. He’s the drummer of PD, by the way. Anyway, one of them, maybe it was Alan, their occasional (live) guitarist, said that he didn’t care how, or if, they got famous, as long as people heard their music. That’s pretty damned humble, I think.

I write because I have to, but I also write because I want to be famous. Even if it is just among a few people on a website. Yeah, I wanna show off my ‘skills’ to the world. *Shrugs* is it weird that I’m writing this as if I’m talking to you? I don’t care, that’s how I write. Someone told me I write (I forget the actual phase, sorry) naturally. In other words, I write like I speak. Damned right, I do! Writing is just talking in text, to me.

Some people don’t like it, but those people don’t really matter. Oooh, that was bitchy, wasn’t it? Yeah, but, that’s also silly to say that. Uh, I’m kinda tipsy, so hear me out. See, those people who have nothing but negativity to say, they also matter. You can garner something from them. Okay, so it might only be “fuck off, you suck, you have no imagination,” but it does make you think.

Someone says you have no imagination, it makes you think. You’re using your imagination, right? So, then you realise that you’re using your imagination. That’s not always bad. Sometimes as writers, or creative people, we forget that we are using our imagination because it is so commonplace, it becomes part of us, just a normal thing. So, to be realising you’re using your imagination, well, that’s kinda cool. You can try to control it. Sometimes when you try to control your imagination, it comes out with fantastic things. Okay, fantastic, I didn’t use that properly, I know. Sorry... But maybe I did. Maybe the fact that it isn’t of 'the ordinary’, at least for you, makes it fantastic (that is, pertaining to the fantasy, not something 'really good’, as mot people use it). So maybe, actually consciously using your imagination is good, sometimes. I confused myself. What hope have I got of being a great writer, if I confuse myself? Slim to one, I’d say. Though, I guess some like to be confused. Arrgh!

I don’t consciously use my imagination, you see. It happens. Sometimes I’ll be writing something (like this, from here on out) and it just ain’t conscious. I’m not really in control of it. I see it as the story, musing, poem... Fuckit, I’ll call it piece, from here on out, just is in control of you, rather than you being in control of it.

How do other people write? Do they do the same? Do they actually write stuff and let the piece control it, or do they try and wrangle it to their own dream/delusion? Let’s face it, most writers are delusional in some way.

Have you ever killed a character, or done something horrid to them and then fell into a... Funk? Funk, yeah, that’s it. You just feel weird about it. Kinda horrible. Like you did it. Well, you did. You created a character, you made it flesh, you nurtured it, then you killed it. That’s like killing your child, pet or plant. Of course you’re going to feel something! Or maybe I’m just too close to my characters (or pets or plants).

I’ve run out of steam here. Sorry if you were expecting more. I just can’t think of much more to say. I guess this is a natural place to end it then. I hope something made sense to you, because some of it really made no sense to me. Maybe it wasn’t supposed to make sense. Je ne comprends pas!

French is a weird language. I don’t get it.

Kittylove
Andrew =^.^=
Published 
Written by Circle_Something
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments