Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
It's a Wonderful Wife

"She knows what I need..."

8
8 Comments 8
1.2k Views 1.2k
309 words 309 words

My wife is still in bed as I close the door behind me and leave her to peaceful slumber for a while longer.

It's 7:45 AM and I'm late. I jump in the truck with my roll-around briefcase and pull out the driveway headed for work. My mind flashes on the fact that I don't have my glasses on.

I know that I don't need them to drive and I can wear my reading glasses at work but still... Less than 100 feet from the end of the driveway is a second driveway to an old Amish sawmill that sits on our property. In a flash, I turn in and back out and then pull into the driveway I just left.

I touch the button that opens the garage door and jump out. I cross the garage in four steps and rip open the door. I am late and I need to hurry.

My wife is poised and standing there with a toothbrush in her mouth. She is holding in her hands my watch, my two cell phones, my iPad, my Fitbit, my scheduling notebook, and, of course, my glasses.

We laugh as I take each item in turn. We kiss and we are still laughing. We don't need to speak a word. She knows that I'm astonished. We kiss again and are still laughing.

How in the world did she get out of bed, begin brushing her teeth, realize that I had left all this stuff in the living room, and then greet me at the garage door with a twinkle in her eye, and all this stuff in less than two minutes?

It's effin' magical! That wonderful wife of mine knows more about what I need than I do. I never even thought about the other items. She did though.

She is magical even after forty-six years of marriage.

 

Published 
Written by Wordpusher715
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments