Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Mistress Of Me

"I'm My Own Mistress"

10
8 Comments 8
2.0k Views 2.0k
456 words 456 words
Join now to listen to this story
Do you ever do something that makes you want to sing from the rooftops? You know, so everyone knows you’re happy, full of love and want to share it with all. Yeah, I have those feelings from time to time.

It’s a feeling we should all share, to let us know this world isn't so dark and dreary. This world is full of hate, greed, pain and anger. So, when we have a chance to sing from the rooftops for happiness we should do it! Be it for love, happiness, unexpected exciting news, who cares as long as it’s shared!

Yes, some people might not want to hear it. Some people don’t want to see others happy, because they might not be happy themselves. And who wants to hear others be happy, when we are sad, mad or angry?

Great deals of people do. That’s why a lot of people tend to drag us down to their levels, but we have to fight against it, and tell them NO! We are happy, and thriving, don’t pull us down.

We need to stand on our own two feet, and sing on those rooftops like no one is listening, but hoping everyone hears. We should sing every day like the sun is shining, that there is no war, or hate in this world.

I’m not saying, hey let’s pretend there is no bad in this world. I don’t think we should lead a blind life, but I think people focus too much on the negative and not enough on the positive. I can even be blamed for doing this from time to time, because you see I live a not so glee life.

Though, I won’t dwell too much into that, because that would go against this whole ditty. We need to stand, and show we can be happy, even when we want to curl up in our blankets and forget the world.

So, put on your dancing shoes, sing on those rooftops and let it be known I CAN BE HAPPY! You can’t drag me down. Oh no, not you, or you, and especially YOU! You won’t win, not this time, and more than likely not the next.

I am the Mistress of me, I own me and I stand to listen to what I say. You don’t own me! You can’t bring me down to your level, can’t you see? You’re losing! See this smile? Yeah, I did that, and you can’t make it go away.

I sing on the rooftops, and dance my own dance, because I am the Mistress of ME!

Written By Poppet: For StoriesSpace ONLY! 

Published 
Written by Poppet
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments