Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Pizza Identity

10
7 Comments 7
752 Views 752
306 words 306 words

I was sitting inside at a table with a few children, and we were doing puzzles. It was so hot that we, the teachers, had made the executive decision to bring the kids inside and just chill out. We had Netflix for kids on the TV and some of the children were sitting on the mat and watching. Three of them, actually, had fallen asleep, all in the same position, all facing the same direction, funnily enough. Some of the other kids were doing quiet inside activities. It was just a relaxing afternoon, and a treat for the children, as the TV in the classroom only gets used to hook up to the internet and play background music to relax the classroom. I am a firm believer in using music to set the feel of the classroom, and I love playing classical music or even a bit of easy listening jazz or Bossa Nova. And of course, I break out my dance moves for the Gummy Bear song or Baby Shark, do, do, doo, doo, doo, do.

Anyway, I was sitting at the puzzle table, working on a jigsaw of the food pyramid with a girl who has not long started with us. Not that this has any bearing on anything, but she is being raised by two women, and one of her mums prefers male gender pronouns, and I'm guessing they had spoken to her, or she had at least asked some questions about it. She is full of questions, this little one, so I'd say it's the latter.

Anyway, as we were doing the puzzle, she was asking questions about the food pyramid, when, out of nowhere, she said, "I identify as pizza."

Queue my stunned silence, and then laughter. I just love that line. I identify as pizza. Me too kid me too. 

Published 
Written by LauraDanielle
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments