Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Beach Beckons Me

"Will I let a little cool breeze keep me inside?"

5
6 Comments 6
181 Views 181
152 words 152 words

Author's Notes

"The beach often inspires me to write. Sometimes my scribbles aren't enough to make a whole story. But I've seen other short little musings here, so thought I'd share this one."

After days of fog and overcast skies, the sun shines brightly today. The still-chilly air doesn’t bother the tourists, but I’m content to view the beach from my window.

The water, so rough and wavy yesterday, is calm and serene to gaze at today. Occasionally a boat will pass by, adding little ripples to water that is otherwise as still as a lake.

A little red-haired girl plays on the shore, searching for shells. As I watch her, I feel like I’ve entered a time machine and traveled back to years ago when that little girl was me.

In the blink of an eye, I remember a time when a cool breeze wouldn’t have stopped that little girl from playing in the water. She was fearless and feisty, and nothing got in her way of having fun.

Maybe I’ll take that walk on the beach after all.

Published 
Written by KatarinaTechgoddess
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments