Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Corinthians 13 - You're full of it

4
3 Comments 3
1.5k Views 1.5k
318 words 318 words
Dear Friend or family member,
I’d like to thank you for the invitation to your wedding
but if I hear Corinthians 13 one more time
I think I’ll scream

Yes, Love is patient and kind blah blah blah and does not envy and boast blah blah
But I have to disagree,

Love is sometimes impatient and full of envy.Remember when we fought because I got that raise and you hadn’t had one for three years…Oh it was under the pretext of something else but the root of it was envy…yet I still love you.

Love can be unkind, because you don’t hold back with those you love, and have screaming matches where vitriol is slung too and fro (like McEnroe with his swearing). Maybe in a day or an hour or a few minutes you’ll apologise…yet we still love each other (It’s a blip)

And love is definitely proud at times, The stiff necked posturing, the smugness of the newly in love - ‘It’s like we’re one person…we even finish each other’s sentences’. Love is the ability to laugh at each other’s jokes despite hearing them for the hundredth time.

Love is easily angered and does keep records of wrongs - How many arguments were our past behaviour is thrown in each other’s faces? Love is the ability to say ‘Hey you made a mistake. You’re human. It doesn’t detract from my love for you’

Love doesn’t always protect, trust, hope and persevere. – It gets knocked down by our weaknesses. It gets battered around by the scars of the past which we’d brought into our love. Love is the ability to pick itself up and maneuver around the bad times even if an inch from death. For me to turn around and say - You're worth all this aggravation.

Published 
Written by Louise
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments