Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Sunday Sermon

"One sunday morning..."

7
8 Comments 8
1.6k Views 1.6k
279 words 279 words
Let this be the time when I refuse to cry, when I refuse to let the past be the future that guides.

Let this be the moment that I rush into faith, steadily rapping on the door so that freedom can take its place.

Let this be the era when the color on my face will never be the instrument that I use to win this race.

I have read about the struggle, I have witnessed some of the pain, I have fallen victim to the lies that closed minds will tell over and over again.

But I know that my truth does not lie on the color of my face, but ignorance abounds when unlearned minds allow fear to take its place.

Because we all tend to fear the things we don’t understand, the violence of human history destined to enslave a mind with a different color face, because when you take away culture, language, and family, no matter the color..its human thats seen on the face.

So let this be the moment where I can live out loud, give voice to the injustice, and never confuse it with the struggles I bear now.

I have been given the tools to never let my face be a part of my faith, a part of my pain, or a part of an excuse that I give to take steps away from freedom no matter what a liar may promise in gain.

And the awakened minds stand as they lift their hands in praise and shout: “We choose not to live in silence ever again.”

Well how about that? And the people of the church all said: “Amen”

Published 
Written by darklight30
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments