Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Shadow of The Moon

2
0 Comments 0
1.1k Views 1.1k
1.2k words 1.2k words
Walking on the beach with you one winter afternoon near an old hotel that has been closed for years, which we have both heard that will be torn down one day soon as we feel the cold wind coming in from the dunes, and asking that you stay with me, and these are days that we need to hold onto and a time to remember and look back at. Both of us carry collateral damage after having lived through what seems like other lifetimes and their aftermaths, as we embrace down near the water’s edge and find myself feeling as if I am holding the summer’s sun. And thinking of those days to come that we will continue to share which warm us both.

Both of us having been broken, frozen, but free as we feel all the chains melt that are in us and it’s time to come home, as I find myself living in wonder and wishing I could change the world for you and me ain’t going to give up on you for my heart won’t let me. Knowing that there are times when you get tired of hearing the sound of your tears and then you see the look in my eyes. And holding you closer as the cold wind swirls around us on this winter afternoon knowing we bring out the best in each other, as we look for that bridge that leads us to forever and time can’t take away all that we have felt through the years. With bot of us having seen the shades come tumbling down as icy breezes chill the air knowing we will still be there.

A blue jean lady with blues eyes that carry a million mile reflection like the sea who forgives all I lack, and who caused those silver sparks to ignite that flame I call a heartbeat to be lit and burn brightly once again. Both of us are guarding each other's dreams and visions as we now walk arm in arm down the beach near where the tide comes in. And both of us challenging what the future holds and releasing our fears along with some of the baggage that's carried, with us both knowing love will prevail and save the day as we both stand up to be counted and not caring about those other's views, and life has come a long way since we met and formed that first alliance that has been forged in fire.

Love is no crime as I hold you tight once again as we make our way back to that old hotel as the day begins to finally give up on itself, and when we are apart all I need do is look to the skies and know that you are there and hope that feeling never leaves. You are one of the few who truly know me as we reach out and feel the sunlight and see the clouds disappear with no trace, and we both know it was a bit of sleight of hand with a twist of fate that we found each other as I see the storms and reflection in her eyes.

Both of us know that to touch is to heal as we both walk hand in hand reaching out to touch faith, as we make our way through the dunes near that old hotel as the dying sun’s light sets the skies over the water on fire, as we are now feeling the cold wind now in the turning of twilight as the first stars are beginning to appear and slowly wheel overhead. And I know that I haven’t shown you all that I can do and it was a sort of a miracle I survived before you came into my life, with this becoming one of those days we will hold onto and look back on and laugh though there will be times that we won’t want to, with there also being times when days slip on by as they pass through our eyes as we embrace again behind the dunes.

Both of us are being warmed by those memories still yet to come and knowing I need the rest of you, to fulfill the plans we both have, for you bring out the best in me something few have ever seen or cared to know. As we begin to feel the cold yet, we pay it no mind as you feel this old heart I have that’s been broken a hundred times, and knowing that without you I feel incomplete as well as having times feeling as if I never know whether I am coming or going. And there had been those times when we never wanted to see each other as I see your face and know I want you with me, to accompany me from the dark-side of the moon to where the rivers meet the sea and beyond as we feel a gypsy wind swirling around us. As we now slowly make our way back and seen my reflection in your eyes as I take your hand knowing there is nothing to lose, and hoping you are happy now for you alone can mend what falls apart as I hear your spirit sing.

And you might be right in those times I have heard you call me crazy as we take our time leaving here and feel the wind. But, then again my particular brand of madness must be something you enjoy and you took all offered to you when we met, and when I offered myself to you as I am and laid my heart out for you like cards on the table when you walked into the room. With my respect and love for you being immeasurable being a form of beauty like a rhapsody and are the best thing I found, as I stop and wonder at times what you see in me as I walk hand in hand with you through these dunes painted in starlight?

Remembering in the shuffling of dreams what we want for we have stood through trial and tribulation together, and you are the reason I continue and we both have seen the brightness of the writing on the wall shining like the sun. With us both knowing it to be true as we go against all of the grain where still waters run swift and deep and occasionally we are able to feel the wind of paradise.

With there being times that I can’t remember how everything was before you came along with all being different now, and there is nothing you could ever confess would ever make me love you less nor will I ever desert you as I stand by you. As I pull you closer as we head out of the dunes, as the wind fills the footprints we left behind and the trail grows cold and know we are both now carrying with us the day we shared as we feel the asphalt under our feet as we drive off into the night.

Copyright May 2011 – 4: Timberwolf International LTD.
Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors