Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Gidealis Enigma Chapter 37

"Demi is overwhelmed by the events, but there is only this much drama he can handle in one day."

6
5 Comments 5
664 Views 664
1.6k words 1.6k words
Chapter 37 The Secrets of Black Stones

The green domes of buildings are dimly lit with amber-yellow light. More and more kribers fly out and land around us.

“How did you guys end up here?” Asmadis is so shocked, his eyes turn silvery-white.

I’m beginning to receive a lot of information.

“The ten Kom kribers were thrown in the cave with the entrance sealed by a huge rock. The Blisps that did it, left and subsequently died of old age. That’s why you knew nothing of this.” I say, as I process the information. “Neither did the Koms until the ederi installed a transmitting device on Komkaran, logically thinking that Kallitris, being hunted down by Leot, will eventually run home.”

“Darn, it was a trap all along!” Snaps Kallitris, frowning.

“Well, yes, but there is more to it. The device contained a piece of black stone, able to absorb, record and show everything that happened and yet to come. It instilled a lot of fear in the hearts of the Koms because someone must have come to it and saw many things in that stone, including the kidnapping that happened so long ago.” I pause, wondering if the pieces of the puzzle are coming together correctly.

“The ederi meant to get my people to fight again!!” Sheirer gets progressively angry.

“That was just a side effect. The ederi did not care about the old secrets. They wanted you! And me. Whoever saw in the stone how Blisps were abducting the Koms must have been Pieris himself. It enraged his heart, and he ordered the bombing of Blisperada. He bombed everything, as he rightfully believed that the hostages are long dead, there was nothing he could do, so all that was left was revenge.”

“Actually… We… um… just live here.” One of the Kom kribers walks up to Asmadis and touches him with curiosity. He is uneasy about the strange guests and does not really know what are we talking about.

“You guys are the children of the hostages. Or, rather, victims.” I say, still getting a lot of information that is concentrated in this cave, creating thick meaty soup of thoughts, actions and events.

“Yes, you can call it that. But that was long ago. The legend has it that our fathers were left here to die, but they did not give up and flew down the shaft. One was killed by the monsters upstairs. However the rest made it here. They found underground tunnels, a river, and green rocks to build houses from.” The young kriber looks around in obvious pride.

“Unbelievable! Impossible!” Moans Asmadis. His face is painful to look at. “How was I supposed to know, this was the reason for the war? So, Kallitris, I was right all along about hating you! If you were not chased by Leot and the ederi, the war would have never started again!’

“No.” I answer for my lover, who is overwhelmed by guilt if at all possible to be ever more guilty. “It’s time to set things right. These young people needed to be released from here so they can join their long-lost families of Komkaran. If the war did not start no one would have ever looked for whatever caused it.”

Asmadis nods in agreement. He is happy that our spirited mission ended with positive results he never expected. The kribers of the cave look at each of us, surprised and confused. It will take them awhile to get used to the idea of wide world out there. Wide world without war, hopefully, now that we did the closest thing to freeing the hostages.

All that is left is to bring back the Blisps that were taken from the settlement, most of whom are still in care of Leot. Not all of them are alive, but Asmadis’ husband is. I could find out as to his exact location to put an end to all this feud…

A voice pierces my thoughts.

“Domiarn, your time is up.”

“What? It hasn’t been 24 hours yet!” I whisper, and everyone knows Yasen is here for me.

He actually appears behind the crowd of kribers, scaring some of them into flying to a safe distance.

The joy turns to deep sorrow and Iris comes to hold me tight.

“If he’s going to Earth, can we go with him?” He asks Yasen.

“He is not going to Earth. We have a change of plans. I will teleport all of you to the ship.” Ederi is very matter-of-factly, and I can feel that he is not allright. He is just a holographic illusion, but all his being is tense, even panicky. What happened to him now? He was so darn happy five hours ago!

I urge everyone who wants out to hold hands. Kallitris wraps me and Iris with his wings, knowing that we’ll be broken apart very soon. Asmadis holds on to me and two more kribers from the cave agree to come with us. Later the Blisps can get others who wish to go in flying craft to avoid whatever predators hide in the tunnel.

The flight up is very fast, followed by the ringing in my ears and the goosebumps I get from being touched by my two beloved men.

Then we’re by my ship, drenched in the bright light of the eternal purple moon. Kallitris and Iris hug and kiss me with deep sorrow, as if I was sentenced to death. Which I probably was, as far as they are concerned. They will never see me again.

Iris’s eyes well with tears.

“Why are they all using you, exploring the chemical loophole left by Leot?” He whispers, barely holding from breaking down.

“There is a reason for everything. Stay strong. I’ll find a way to get back.” I answer, not believing it.

Kallitris has walked away and is standing there, a mountain of fluttering wings. He is getting completely dissolved in the acid of guilt and grief.

“You want to do something good after you settle it with the Koms? Find Asmadis’s husband, ok?” I give him a kiss and catch a glance of his eyes, swollen with tears.

Then I get to my ship, followed by the ghostly image of Yasen. I do not look back, barely holding myself together.

As soon as we’re alone, and the door closes, Yasen’s image literally crumbles.

“Sorry. I scrambled my signal with too much emotion. I’m in trouble, Demi. Listen, please!!!”

“I’m listening, sir, I have no choice.” I say quite sternly, because there is only this much drama I can take in one day.

“I tracked your mother in one of the possible futures. I thought I could get her myself. She was leaving the Earth for Leot’s base. I tried to deflect her ship off course to get it to fly to Crumbling Rose. It spun out of control, and never arrived to him or me. I’m done for, Demi… Leozarit was supposed to arrive to Leot. She is instrumental to his research and your life. I lost her. Leot will find out and kill me.”

None of it makes sense to me. Possible futures? She was leaving the Earth on a ship?!! As much as I remember she could not even ride a horse. But it does not matter. I’m too tired and worn out. I need a break…

“What do you want me to do?” I shake my head and go to the bridge. Immaul is there, hanging over the screen.

“If you order the ship to move at a lower speed, we will arrive to Crumbling Rose in 6 to 8 hours, so you can get some rest.” Immaul turns to me and I’m about to burst into tears. He is the only one dear familiar face left. I’m flying to the alien planet into slavery. No, I do not regret it. But I fear it.

“It’s not that bad.” Yasen comes up and hugs me.

Even as an illusion, he emits powerful energy that penetrates my body all the way through. Eva was talking about teaching ederi love, but her heart is filled with hatred. Yasen seems to be doing hateful things but hi heart is filled with love. Enough for today.

I nod, order the ship’s new destination, and go to Ari’s room. I lay on his dusty bed with silky blanket, and look at his personal interactive machine with a small screen, standing nearby. I never did figure out how to turn it on. But it holds so many secrets about him and his life with Leot.

The machine is standing on a metal chest of drawers. They are full of unknown objects and empty syringes from neurotoxin. He always had a big supply of those while apart from Leot. He spent them during the 19 years he had to wait to be rescued after the crash on Earth.

As I fall asleep I recall the day I found the diary of an unknown woman in my mother’s belongings in the basement of my father’s house. Dotristiar and I were wondering as to whom it could belong. I forgot all about it and never read it. Where is it? Does it matter anymore?

Ari’s bed is hard, but it feels fine to me. I’m so much like him – aspiring to do more in life, but struggling with a chemical dependency. I drift off longing for rest, but instead I have the weirdest dream ever.

Published 
Written by GriffinGarcon
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments